Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-01-13, 10:58 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

What is the advantage to buying the downloads in addition to the DVDs? Can't you just copy the DVD to your computer?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 11:06 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
What is the advantage to buying the downloads in addition to the DVDs? Can't you just copy the DVD to your computer?
You can use her downloads in the Workout Blender. You can make the DVD premixes this way, as well as mixes using downloads from other Cathe workouts. (If you mix really old workouts with new ones it doesn't always work smoothly - they are encrypted differently). In other words, you can add firewalker tabatas to everything! (or is that just me? )

I'm torn this time! I can't decide between buying just the downloads, or downloads + DVDs.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 11:07 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I ordered. Cathe's workouts are the ones I reach for the most. You can't go wrong with the pre-sale price and free shipping.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 11:24 AM  
cooldham

I didn't order the last one and I didn't really like the low impact series... but this one sounds great, like classic Cathe. I ordered!
Old 03-01-13, 11:38 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
You can use her downloads in the Workout Blender. You can make the DVD premixes this way, as well as mixes using downloads from other Cathe workouts. (If you mix really old workouts with new ones it doesn't always work smoothly - they are encrypted differently). In other words, you can add firewalker tabatas to everything! (or is that just me? )
Where do you get the Workout Blender? Is it basically a playlist for video files?

-Will Rogers
Old 03-01-13, 11:42 AM  
isebelleg44

No brainer for me...ordered.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 11:53 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I can't believe I'm going to actually pass on a Cathe preorder. I still haven't opened X-Train yet.

The only one that sounds interesting to me is FlexTrain (which is supposed to be like Power Hour and Supercuts.)

I have enough Cathe to last me for a lifetime. What more do I need? Surely not another Greatest Hits Vol. 1 workout!

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 12:02 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
Where do you get the Workout Blender? Is it basically a playlist for video files?
You download the Workout Blender from Cathe's site. You can use the Workout Blender to choose different chapters from Cathe's downloads - it then compiles them into a single file.

You could do a similar thing with playlists, but it would take a lot of time to break each workout by chapters into separate files (but I haven't really looked to see if any of the programs (such as Handbrake) let you do this - they could).

Cathe's new workouts have obviously been designed with the Workout Blender in mind - the chapters are very short, and using playlists could be unwieldy.

Downsides: I have had good luck with the Workout Blender - others have not. Also, it takes quite a bit of hard drive space. (IIRC twice the space of the file you are creating - maybe more for the actual processing.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 12:13 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Has anyone heard Cathe mention anything about the level of these compared to Xtrain. . to be honest, I was kinnda disappointed in the intensity of Xtrain overall. I am not complaining about the fact that she made xtrain the level she did - I just wish there was some indicator for us ahead of time . .
Old 03-01-13, 12:50 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
You download the Workout Blender from Cathe's site. You can use the Workout Blender to choose different chapters from Cathe's downloads - it then compiles them into a single file.
Thank you! I may get the downloads. I am looking on her site, and I don't see any other w/o's available as downloads. Is it just this series?
Never mind! Google to the rescue! It is a completely different website for the downloads. You'd think she would have a link to it...

-Will Rogers

Tags
alta-tude fitness, cathe, cathe preorder, cathe presale