Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-12, 12:03 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Haha that was dramatic!

I've decided to join you after all. I don't need another Ellen or Classical Stretch at this time. I have *plenty*.
In fact, this would be a great time to unload more unwanted videos. I feel a purge coming on...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 06:53 AM  
DebbieRN

I'm in. My last purchase was with a Groupon credit that I wasn't expecting. I have no more storage room in my tiny apartment and in fact, December (my birth month and Christmas of course) will be my time to unload (especially all the paper, magazines, etc) Going with eBooks now, trying to downsize, so this is perfect. Tired of taking care of all my things and looking to simplify my life.

Besides, can't think of a thing I want or need. Looking forward to a TurboFire routine and getting all my fitness vouchers used by the end of the year.

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 07:00 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Haha that was dramatic!

I've decided to join you after all. I don't need another Ellen or Classical Stretch at this time. I have *plenty*.
In fact, this would be a great time to unload more unwanted videos. I feel a purge coming on...
I thought a drum roll and or cackling manically(sp?) would have been over kill
Old 12-01-12, 07:17 AM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Count me in. I haven't had the urge to buy anything in awhile, so I am going to test the limits of this.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 09:21 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I'm in! I preordered Combat and XTrain so I'm good to go. In fact, my goal is to not buy anything in 2013! My other goal is to complete some of the systems I have; starting with Body Revolution, then XTrain, Combat, Ultimate Yogi, maybe Meta Hip or Ab, P90X... I certainly have more than enough to keep me busy through the year.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 10:12 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I thought I was in ... but maybe not yet. My goal for 2013 is to not buy:
  • any workout videos
  • any fitness books
  • any yoga videos or books
  • any cookbooks

With all of the above that I already own, I should be in supreme health & fitness ...

I thought I was ready to go 'cold turkey' but I couldn't resist Tracie Long's $10 sale and I'm trying to resist new workouts posted on Collage's "new" pages ... Maybe I'll go 'cold turkey' Jan 1 ...
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 10:48 AM  
momof10

Wow, you ladies impress me!! Workout videos are my one and only addiction. I could NEVER go cold turkey with a no buy. LOL. I have given up all sugar, caffeine, alcohol and I only eat healthy foods. That was all relatively easy compared to giving up buying new workouts. I have all of Iliara's on preorder and Paul Katami's new Bootcamp and Jari's newest. I also have X-Train and Les Mills Body Combat on preorder. I go crazy hearing about certain workouts and not being able to try them. Granted there are some I have no interest in, like Body Beasy, Asylum 2, P90X2, or any Leslie's or Ellen's, but it's too hard for me to say no to the workouts I know I will love. I am also waiting for the new Toniques.

Maybe, I could start really small and say no more buying after I get Tonique and TapOut 2. LOL

Good luck, you are very strong women.

Cheryl
Old 12-01-12, 10:55 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraKate View Post
I'm going to try to go cold turkey.

no gonna buy a new dvd or fitness related anything until Feb 1 2013

yeah.........

anyone want to join me?

(trading is still allowed)
No thanks .
I want: New NIA (Passion), Travis' Short & Sweet, Christi's Spice, & maybe one of the Bellyfits (Air or Water) if Mary sells them separately & if I like the music on the longer clips. No particular reason to put off buying them, no Christmas around here. But good luck!
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 10:56 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

I did this January 1 this year. In 11 months I've only "accidentally" purchased 1 DVD. I put Travis Eliot's Yoga Crosstrain in my cart on Amazon when it first showed up for around $10. I meant to remove it but forgot until I received a shipping notice! I traded it unopened...but it still counts as a purchase, right? I've had some amazing trades this year...I received the whole Ultimate Yogi set for one! Between the exchange and YouTube, I haven't been tempted to buy.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 11:56 AM  
Sara1000

I'm in! I have the Cathe preorder coming and have recently collected many of Tracie Long's workouts and a few pink FIRMs (thanks to Tracie's and Mary's sales) plus a BUNCH of old FIRMs I got on VHS in trades or sase. I have no more room on my shelves or in the shoe boxes in my closet.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no buy