Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-12, 01:16 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

What happened to Yoga Zone instructors?

I really like some of these yoga programs but I think the group disappeared. I specifically liked Jean, Douglas and Suzanne and the woman doing Sunrise. I'm just wondering if they're doing any yoga dvds on their own or with another group?
Old 07-07-12, 01:48 PM  
sherry7899

Susanna, I was wondering the same thing. They were about the first yoga dvds I could actually do, and I keep going back to them. I know Lisa and Charles Matkin released two dvds for pain relief, but other than that, I haven't seen the other instructors anywhere.

I'm fortunate that my sister and a VF friend recorded a bunch of tv episodes for me when they were shown on Comcast years ago. I wish when they broadcast the show that they would have left the commercials for the end, though.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 02:05 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

yeah downdog's hard to hold fo a 2 min commercial LOL! I have my faves frmo the tv series they put on dvds - 2 episodes per dvd- may have gotten rid of some but my faves were sunrise, stretching for flexibility-1st part with Jean and Douglas, and yoga for a strong and healthy back -2nd part with Douglas - the 1st part is ok but too many chairs/twists for me right now!

I think I found Jean - thought it was Kerner but Koerner came up ona search and she has a couple very short 'kitchen' stretches on youtube and one search meantioned she co-owns a yoga studio in Manhattan. guess I'd better dig around and see if I can find my others - I guess they showed more on tv than they put on dvd - I'd probably buy their tv series if I found they had one available - classical stretch that other yoga program put theirs on dvd - expensive but they have them.
Old 07-07-12, 02:08 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

Lisa and Charles were 2 of my least favorites from tha tseries and I dunno why.. the other guy b ugged me too but on the longer weight loss one I thought he was ok.
Old 07-07-12, 02:31 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I really liked Jen Monness and Beverly Murphy (Evening Stress Release), I didn't mind Charles and Lisa Matkin either. I have the DVDs Evening Stress Release and Strengthen/Tone. Stretching for Flexibility was pretty good too.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 03:01 PM  
starbelly

I love the full-length power yoga workout with Lisa Bennet who later married Charles Matkin, one of the featured performers in that workout. They now have a yoga studio north of NYC and do teacher training seminars.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 03:03 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I like evening stress release too - dont mind lisa and charles much but they just weren't my faves - alan did pretty good giving the instructions - never saw him demo anything. I usually reach for the shorter ones and my 2 faves are sunrise and jean/douglas on stretching for flexibility followed by yoga for a strong and healthy back and evening stress. the others I need to visit or revisit - just liked the others so much I ended up doing them more. total body conditioning was good too but I have to rmember to do the other side on one move that they leave out! and I never remember until its' too late!

I liked that series a lot and miss them
Old 07-07-12, 03:37 PM  
sherry7899

I liked most of the instructors. I wish Beverly had done more practices for the dvds. They showed a ton of episodes on Comcast that were not put on dvd.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 05:05 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

that figures LOL they were pretty much done by the time I discovered the dvds!
eta: I dont' guess there's anything online that shows the tv series?! I know some tv shows you can watch on hulu,etc but not up on the exercise stuff.
Old 07-07-12, 06:17 PM  
missmomus

Hulu has all of the YZ episodes, with commercials of course.

I actually really liked Al Bingham. With streaming classes becoming more popular, I wish some of the YZ teachers would at least provide online access to some of their regular classes if they are not interested in producing dvds. Especially Alan Finger with some more intermediate or advanced content.
missmomus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alan finger, douglas stewart, instructors, yoga zone