Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-12, 07:35 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Ok...I realize this thread is about PowerFit Harmony but how does it compare to PowerFit Original? Harmony has more DVDs, 10 vs 5 for the original. Which system do you like better? I would say I am back at beginner level, and would like to get back to intermediate level eventually but am fine staying there. I would think maybe Harmony might be better for me, because I could outgrow the original quickly.

I also looked at PowerFit Plus which is available at Collage but that only has 2 workouts so I probably won't consider that one.

Ok...enable me!
Wait for Mary's July sale and you can pick up all 3 workouts for $20.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 04:34 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I love these workouts. I'm a solid intermediate and have used heavier bands, weights, step, etc. I can modify them up or down. They're definitely gems.

Kath~I use these workouts every time I travel and still want to exercise~they're perfect for that.
Cheri, you're enabling me again! I just put in an order with Mary for some Tracey Mallet workouts so don't need to buy something else right now so trying to ignore what I'm reading here.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 05:35 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
Wait for Mary's July sale and you can pick up all 3 workouts for $20.
Thanks. Good idea!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 09:50 AM  
geallen01

PowerFit Plus

This is my first post here, (lurker for a looong time), but I just thought I would mention that I ordered PowerFit and PowerFit Harmony within the last month from Mary at totalfitnessdvds. I inquired yesterday about PowerFit Plus, and she said that it was out of print, and she could no longer get it. I had to order mine yesterday from Collage Video instead.
geallen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 11:33 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by geallen01 View Post
This is my first post here, (lurker for a looong time), but I just thought I would mention that I ordered PowerFit and PowerFit Harmony within the last month from Mary at totalfitnessdvds. I inquired yesterday about PowerFit Plus, and she said that it was out of print, and she could no longer get it. I had to order mine yesterday from Collage Video instead.
All of the PF workouts are OOP. It's just finding it from some place that still has it in stock. This is why I say- if you want the workouts or are even slightly tempted, get them now before they are gone!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

Old 06-12-12, 07:53 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I would agree--this seems to be a "seasoned exerciser" type of forum. Even the "Starting Out with Videos" section of this website is pretty inactive. Most of the threads as of late have been focused on pretty intense workout systems and how to rotate or hybrid two or more programs. I do't see too many "Help! I'm just starting out!" type of threads.

I have lent out my Powerfits to beginners and the nuances of the workouts have them baffled. My neighbor has borrowed Leslies and she feels like she has "two left feet".

Jackie
I agreed. I think we have lots of seasoned exercisers here and lots of us have likely forgotten what its like to have two left feet. Plus I think everyone's idea of what a beginner/intermediate/advanced workout is subjective.

I too like these workouts and find that using my step and weights make them intermediate level for me. But then I'm pretty content being intermediate.
Old 06-13-12, 02:16 AM  
CarlaShanti

I don't like bands, I wonder if I could just use dumbbells and a step and treat it like just another Firm workout? From the clips I've seen, that's pretty much all it is, even down to the cues and motivational talk. Sounds like a nice thing to do on a day when I would have probably just done nothing because all my other workouts sound too long, too hard, too much!
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 06:03 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
All of the PF workouts are OOP. It's just finding it from some place that still has it in stock. This is why I say- if you want the workouts or are even slightly tempted, get them now before they are gone!
I thought this too, I would like to wait until Mary's sale but it's possible they could all be gone by then. $20 including free shipping isn't a bad deal....I am thinking I better pounce on it now. Last time I checked she had 75 of the Harmony in stock, but a few hundred of the original. I am leaning towards the Harmony set, but the original one would be okay too.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 11:40 AM  
CharM

You can find Harmony from Amazon sellers for as little as $12 shipped, new and sealed. Why wait for Mary's sale? Unless you're set on buying from her, that is.

Carla, it's mentioned in other PF threads that you can definitely use a step. Someone also said that if you use dumbbells, you'll have to modify some moves.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 02:45 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I thought this too, I would like to wait until Mary's sale but it's possible they could all be gone by then. $20 including free shipping isn't a bad deal....I am thinking I better pounce on it now. Last time I checked she had 75 of the Harmony in stock, but a few hundred of the original. I am leaning towards the Harmony set, but the original one would be okay too.
She had over a 100 of PFH before her last sale, so it looks like they are popular items when on sale.

Tags
beginner, power fit, power fit harmony, power fit plus, powerfit, powerfit harmony, powerfit plus, step without a step, stephanie huckabee, travel workouts