Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-12, 12:27 PM  
juberann

Slim in 6 and Slim series was another mistake I made Debbie Siebers is delightful but the workouts in SS especially were too dang L O N G Slim in 6 bored me to tears. I wanted so badly to like these. It didn't happen
Turbo Jam.... yet another loser for me. I thought these workouts were so cheesy and I could never figure out why everyone was raving about these workouts ??? but I was persistant with this set and got rid of and reaquired it numerous times before FINALLY giving up. I eventually gave up on BeachBody workouts.
Old 03-28-12, 12:29 PM  
FightinFlab

I love systems! I think it's the promise of results, and I'm also a person that likes structure in her workouts. Oh...and I love infomercials.

The Firm Wave - I had high hopes for this because 1) I have a cult-like devotion to the Firm, and 2) I love the Transfirmer and thought the Wave was a similar concept. The Wave was awkward to use, the workouts were tried too hard to incorporate the equipment, and it slid all over my carpeted workout area. That said, my daughter loves playing on it, so I've kept it around.

Tracy Anderson Meta - I didn't click with Tracy's personality, her sexy faces annoyed me, and I didn't like the voice-over cuing. I've been recently tempted by her rebounder workout, though. Dang it.

APY 60 and Blissology- I still have these, and I don't totally regret purchasing them because they appear to be excellent yoga practices, but I've discovered I enjoy live yoga classes much more.
Old 03-28-12, 12:34 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie-Cam View Post
Awww... that was my first ever fitness purchase. Why did you hate it?

I actually loved it, but that was probably because I had nothing else to compare it to.
I wanted to like it because I liked BSS1, and generally liked the new flavor of Firm, but the stick was such bad quality and the workouts didn't seem as well put together as BSS1. Then just as I tried to trade it, the set went retail and I ended up having to SASE everything. $80 down the drain. I'm glad you liked it, but the experience soured me on Firm and systems.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 12:43 PM  
westiemack

RKS - without a doubt!

I have disliked workouts within other systems, but have always been able to trade the individual workouts. I think I might have to break up RKS to trade, since I've had no takers on it as a system

I also dislike Firm Express. Somehow it is simultaneously too easy and too hard for me. I think I'll end up trading it too. But will probably have to split it up to trade as well!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 12:45 PM  
Indy

I don't buy too many but I regretted P90x - I didn't give it a fair test in that I only did a couple of those workouts. Those were enough to completely turn me off. I really don't have the desire to do them ever. Set was way boring, the style was also boring - nope not for me.

STS Cardio - I agree - not Cathe's best here - the only workout I value is TravelFit.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 12:48 PM  
JezthePuff2

I don't know if I'd say that I "regret" buying these workouts....I have just haven't used them yet!

STS
Shock Cardio
Cathe's Low Impact

I love Cathe, but for some reason, I just never tried these.

Eventually, I'll dust them off and probably marvel why I hadn't tried them before!

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 12:48 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
The FIRM Epress. I know many love this set but for me the workouts were too fast and the moves too difficult to do on carpet. Luckily, I was able to return it for a refund.
The Supreme 90 set was a huge let down, as well
I really, really did not like Supreme 90...glad to see someone else here didn't like it...I thought I was the only one that didn't like it. Also the very worst set I ever brought was Shaun T's very first workout HIP HOP AB..too easy and Shaun T was so, so annoying
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 01:15 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
RKS is the one set I wish I hadn't purchased. I know that sounds strange because I actually like the presentation, but I just haven't gotten much use out of it and haven't been able to trade it for anything.

I did it for a month or so, but the kettlebells threw my back out and set me back a couple of months. Since then I've been avoiding kettlebells because I can't afford another back injury, so RKS just sits there and taunts me. I've tried to trade it, but haven't found any takers. The money I shelled out would have been better spent on something like P90X2 or perhaps even Tapout.

I've gotten more value from the $30 X-Factor than the $200 from RKS with the kettlebells.
Did you really spend $200 on RKS? I thought that it was $120?

You should try to sell it on Amazon.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 02:39 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

CLX. I love Chalene, but I found the a lot of the exercises to be awkward and I injured myself. Twice. I really wanted to like it too.

Interesting side note, I have noticed that CLX tends to be polarizing around here.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 02:55 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Nothing to add except that I LOVE your signature line, FightinFlab. Can't quote a sig line so here's a cut and paste:

"No matter how slow you go, you're lapping everyone on the couch." --Anonymous
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti-bandwagon, hits and misses, systems, worst of