Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-12, 03:51 PM  
Kellie

What was your first exercise gadget?

I had so much fun reading the first video thread, I thought I would ask what your first gadget or piece of equipment was or you remember using? I had the Weider 5 Minute Body Shaper (70's) which hung over your door knob. It was a pulley system and really was not a bad little piece of equipment. I think I wore two of them out.
Here's a link to a picture. I just knew my body was going to be just like the model's, which if I'm not mistaken, was Joe Weider's wife. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

http://digitalangeldonnadj.com/blog/....141993518.jpg
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 03:55 PM  
Sissy B

I don't remember the exact name of it, but it was something to exercise your lower body with Denise Austin - basically two cuffs that velcroed around your ankles with a spring between them. It came with a booklet of exercises. I ordered it from an advertisement in the Parade that came in the Sunday newspaper. This was in the mid-80s.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 04:05 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Mine was also the "5 Minute Body Shaper" Then I guess my next one would be wrist weights and ankle weights .....although, I don't know if you would consider them a gadget?
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 04:12 PM  
alisoncooks

My mom had this and I remember playing with it when young.
http://www.amazon.com/BodyTrends-EX3...9858699&sr=8-1

The first gadget I purchased was a Fanny Lifter.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 04:18 PM  
zippity

Prolly my first fitness gadget was a big 10 inch tall wooden step in the mid-80's! Weighed about 20 lbs, just getting it out of the closet was a good workout! I'd kill myself on a 10 inch step now!!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forget-My mom gave me a Health Rider for Christmas one year -It sat in my living room for about three years and hardly got used!!!
zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 04:23 PM  
CharM

I think it's called an ab roller. Boy, was i stupid about fitness, health, and weight loss.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 04:44 PM  
cherimac

A Reebok Step.
Old 02-21-12, 04:54 PM  
Cammie-Cam

My first gadget was the fanny lifter and sculpting stick with the detachable "twigs". In one of the DVDs that came with Allie was all "sculpt your biceps with your twigs.". She had to have thought that was hilarious as she was saying it.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 04:54 PM  
andtckrtoo

The first piece of equipment that I bought myself was a Cyclops trainer for my mountain bike. It was also my intro to Coach Troy. I still have the original Cyclrobixs. I'm on my third trainer.

The first one my mom bought was a Schwinn Aerodyne - that big white bike with the fan in the wheel that would blow cold air on my crotch. That was fun. It was loud! I also had a Healthrider that collected laundry far more than sweat. And I had Jane Fonda's little step from her Step workout.
Old 02-21-12, 04:59 PM  
donnadc

The Thighmaster (Suzanne Sommers) !!
donnadc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, fitness gadgets, gadgets