Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-12, 08:13 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I don't normally open TA threads but this one caught my attention because while I want lift, I am generally satisfied with it's size...and in my family women are cursed with the flat butt. I also want some fat loss in my thighs, but I like a gentle outer quad curve. TA looks like it would flatten both those curves that I try to keep, so it has never held any interest for me (besides her crazy clothes and teeny tiny talk not appealing to me.)
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 09:04 PM  
MARIKA

I've done Omni now I'm doing Glute. I have no flatness at all. Have you tried BBL. That got me on my way like nothing else, then I threw Tonique in and now my booty is better than ever! TA is what I'm doing now w/ Tonique. I think these 2 compliment eachother well.
Old 02-05-12, 09:07 PM  
fitmummy

i do Tonique/ Sylwia is all about great round butt i also think combined with TA will give you great results/however i do Tonique and cathe and p90x once a week now
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 02:36 AM  
sm4987

I'm doing Omni and I wish I could lose a little butt. However with Tracy it has only gotten rounder and firmer as I've done the workouts. I laugh when I hear those who lost some because mine has NOT gone anywhere.
Old 02-06-12, 06:56 AM  
renee mcfar

This reply does not include TA or The Butt. Sorry!
I have always suffered from flat butt syndrome.
I had my best butt ever when I was using Cathe's workouts. Her strength training ones,such as Muscle Endurance, where she used her high step and had you stepping up on one leg using a barbell. I used hand weights.
I was finally able to get a curve to my flat backside!
renee mcfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 08:57 AM  
Cowgirl32

I say make peace with the booty . Surplus or lack there-of. If the goals are attainable, awesome! Curves run in my family, it does not take me much effort to get/maintain roundness. I tried eliminating other forms of exercise in favor of TA, but I went insane. I favor sanity over a perfect bum.
Old 02-06-12, 08:59 AM  
sammycakes

I definitely fight with pancake butt, and have done a lot of barre trying to remedy that. I like that, but it really didn't help much. What seems to actually give me some curve back there is the basics: deadlifts with heavy weights (usually 60 lbs - might not be heavy to everyone, but it's the heaviest I can go at home), step-ups onto the high step, stationary lunges and squat variations. I have a young baby so don't have lots of exercise time now, but I do about 150 total reps of these exercises every other day or so, and even with that little bit, I get results.
sammycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 09:31 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I consider myself to have a nice small round butt. I made it through level 7 of Abcentric but stopped abruptly when looking in the mirror, I discovered that my butt was gone. I really like Tracy and plan to pull these back out. But, I will definitely combine it with some kettlebell swings or something similar......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 10:31 AM  
in paris

IMO, TA just deflates my already nearly non-existent butt... Then again, it's not that hard to supplement her workouts to keep that from happening if you really enjoy the rest of the results you're getting from her workouts.

For me, there are only two workouts that I do that seem to build my bum without bulking other areas, but my thighs have never been a huge issue.

1) Stair-stepping machine -- no matter how under or over-weight I am, this is always a magic bullet if baby wants back

2) Surprisingly, when I am consistent with power yoga and/or vinyasa flow (meaning at least 5X a week), I get the best butt ever... I say surprisingly because even though I'd heard about yoga butt I never really believed it until I saw what it did to me -- colour me thrilled!

(Mind you, I also tend to do the pretzel exercises from Callanetics daily, so that could be helping to send everything to the right place.)
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 10:34 AM  
tigerbaby

in paris, gotta love the yoga butt!

Tags
fast twitch, slow twitch, stairs