Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-12, 03:18 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
The plates spin around my BB Pump barbell...You might not be happy with this one either. Or maybe I am doing something wrong with mine, but I lock the clips in so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong to make them spin?
Hmmm, I wonder if others are having this issue with the Pump barbell. I also wonder why mine spin so much, I don't think it used to be this bad.

Glad to hear you are loving the program though, I think you and hubby are right, there was another thread that the plates in the dvd have a third hole. I assume dumbbells would work in place of plates?
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 03:25 PM  
westiemack

I've been using dumbbells for the plate work as well, with no trouble. In fact I have been using dumbbells for the whole workout, because my son is using the BB if we do the workout together.

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 03:30 PM  
dela

Thanks again for all the input, everyone on this board would certainly make for some great sales people .

I just ordered from Mary the standard package and the 3 other dvds for $40. I was psyched that her 2 day shipping was only about 5 bucks more than standard, so I went ahead and chose the 2 day.

Birthday money well spent . Now I just need to get rid of this nasty cold!
Old 02-05-12, 06:11 PM  
Sandi S

WARNING - my safety clips failed!

I wanted to post a warning that my safety clip failed when I was doing Pump & Burn this afternoon. The clip and weight fell off the bar and hit the floor pretty hard. I made sure the clips were latched before I started so it wasn't my error. I was glad that my pets were not close.

I still love these workouts but switched to spring safety clips that are difficult to get on but I know they won't slide off or unlatch. I wish someone would have taken more care in quality control because there isn't an excuse for poor workmanship when injuries could result.

Sandi
Sandi S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 06:22 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi S View Post
I wanted to post a warning that my safety clip failed when I was doing Pump & Burn this afternoon. The clip and weight fell off the bar and hit the floor pretty hard. I made sure the clips were latched before I started so it wasn't my error. I was glad that my pets were not close.

I still love these workouts but switched to spring safety clips that are difficult to get on but I know they won't slide off or unlatch. I wish someone would have taken more care in quality control because there isn't an excuse for poor workmanship when injuries could result.

Sandi
Both of mine failed, on workout #12 of using Pump! I love the bar, the clips---NOT SO MUCH! Very bad quality on BB part!!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 06:40 PM  
Sandi S

Denise - that's why I made sure they were latched...

Denise,

I made sure the clips were securely latched because of your original post. Thanks for the warning and I'll agree - the clips are poorly made.

Sandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Both of mine failed, on workout #12 of using Pump! I love the bar, the clips---NOT SO MUCH! Very bad quality on BB part!!

Denise
Sandi S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 09:05 PM  
dela

Has anyone called BB to get replacements sent? That's a shame, there always seems to be something wrong.
Old 02-05-12, 09:18 PM  
14yrbeliever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi S View Post
Denise,

I made sure the clips were securely latched because of your original post. Thanks for the warning and I'll agree - the clips are poorly made.

Sandi
That is horrible--I have 2 kitties who circle me as I work out and I shudder to think of what might happen in that situation.

FYI, I have a Troy lite barbell that came with spring clips. After taking the live Bodypump classes at my YMCA, I bought latch clips from Amazon. Never had an issue with them not being secure.

Let me see if I can find the link...

Here are the ones that I have and they are awesome (IMO):
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Systems-...8494618&sr=8-1
14yrbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 09:19 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Haven't tried mine yet, but I'll be using the clips from my other barbell.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 10:15 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I ordered new clips from Amazon from Power Systems. They are really nice!! (the same ones provided in link above)

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barbell, beachbody, beachbody clip failure, beachbody injuries, body pump, danskin, les mills, les mills body pump, les mills pump, pump