Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-12, 10:13 PM  
Ann1964

Thank you serenity130 and Jane. I can hold in front and thanks for your help.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 11:00 PM  
dela

Is totalvideofitness.com the consensus on best place to buy?
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 11:45 PM  
Sandi S

www.totalfitnessdvds.com is the best place to buy because Mary will handle any problems so you don't need to deal with Beachbody.

Sandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Is totalvideofitness.com the consensus on best place to buy?
Sandi S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 07:24 AM  
gjv

So far I have only been doing the 2 longer workouts and the cardio add ons. This morning I did Shred, one of the shorter ones. LOVED it and it was very challenging!
Old 02-05-12, 07:54 AM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi S View Post
www.totalfitnessdvds.com is the best place to buy because Mary will handle any problems so you don't need to deal with Beachbody.
www.totalfitnessdvds.net
Old 02-05-12, 12:38 PM  
fitmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
On a somewhat related topic:
I tend to have problematic knees (they occasionally get a little painful/crackly but it's sporadic what aggravates them).

When I was doing Jari Love (S&L, GR&C) frequently --which is quite similar to Pump, I believe-- I had NO knee issues whatsoever. Everything felt strong and fine.

Maybe there is something to this style that is good for tricky knees....
Maybe...I'm going to really look into this set, sure sounds good.
fitmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 01:42 PM  
westiemack

Love the instructors, love the workouts, love the music. Just LOVE it!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 02:08 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi S View Post

Sandi
Thanks! I am getting very close to just going ahead and buying this. At first I thought the barbell would be a waste, but lately I'm not all that happy with the ones I have any longer, for some reason the plates spin around on them, and that would be awful for a high rep program.

I do still have $200 from a birthday gift, so this does seem to be the right time to get this.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 02:46 PM  
Sandi S

Smile You're asking me

I might not be the person to ask but I think it would be a great purchase with your birthday gift money. Mary's Beachbody address should be www.totalfitnessdvds.net.

Sandi

Quote:
Thanks! I am getting very close to just going ahead and buying this. At first I thought the barbell would be a waste, but lately I'm not all that happy with the ones I have any longer, for some reason the plates spin around on them, and that would be awful for a high rep program.

I do still have $200 from a birthday gift, so this does seem to be the right time to get this.
Sandi S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 02:59 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
At first I thought the barbell would be a waste, but lately I'm not all that happy with the ones I have any longer, for some reason the plates spin around on them, and that would be awful for a high rep program.
The plates spin around my BB Pump barbell...You might not be happy with this one either. Or maybe I am doing something wrong with mine, but I lock the clips in so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong to make them spin?

Also, DH and I purchased some 5lb dumbells at Target last night to use instead of the plates. Neither of us felt that the plates could comfortably be used as hand weights. He swears that the instructors on the dvd have an extra hole in their plates, which allows their fingers to grip it differently. (I remember a comment on a Les Mills Pump thread where someone said they liked the Pump barbell better, but that their Troy Lite plates were much better than the Pump plates because they were thinner.)

Anyway, that being said, we still love the system. I am getting ready to do my second workout today. I am a little sore from my first Challenge workout yesterday, so I will stick with Challenge for at least a week and try to do it every day so that I can work through the soreness and get myself ready for more reps.

Tags
barbell, beachbody, beachbody clip failure, beachbody injuries, body pump, danskin, les mills, les mills body pump, les mills pump, pump