Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-14, 03:00 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
This my blog post about dry skin brushing.

This is an interesting video I found on youtube about brushing.
I really enjoy reading your posts! You've a nice sense of humour, I can't wait to read part 2 of the series! I already have a brush, so I'll have to start using it again but this time consistently.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 04:35 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I really enjoy reading your posts! You've a nice sense of humour, I can't wait to read part 2 of the series! I already have a brush, so I'll have to start using it again but this time consistently.
Thanks! Part 2 is here. I'm doing a part 3 on abdominal muscle, but I probably won't finish it until next week.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 12:25 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Do you use regular coconut oil--like you use for cooking? Or a commercial moisturizer that has coconut oil in it?
Hi there Nuggie's Auntie! I just thought I'd let you know which coconut oil I use in case you want to check it out. I get it at Sam's club, although I see you can get it on Amazon. It's a big container with a large mouth which makes it easier to scoop my fingers in to get some out. Of course, I use a separate jar for my cooking.
http://www.amazon.com/BetterBody-Foo.../dp/B00AYCPCRU

The only draw back is it does take awhile for the oil to soak in, so sometimes if I'm in a hurry I'll mix some of the oil with my regular moisturizer. I use Jergens, Watkins, Bath and Body Works lotion...you name it.

I do have to admit my d**t hasn't been that great lately, plus I'm under quite a lot of personal stress right now and am up 4 lbs since then. Soooo... the old belly has filled out a bit compared to the last time I posted in this thread. The loose skin definitely wasn't hanging down as much compared to when I didn't dry brush, though. I have less "puckering" in that area than I used to as well, although keep in mind girls that it isn't the same as surgical results or pre-baby belly. It's just a little better. Nowadays, though...there is a "cute" little layer of fat over those abs. Ugh.

Sigh.
Old 04-11-14, 02:22 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Colleen, I would think fat might actually *help* fill in loose skin, no? Maybe??

As for coconut oil, I tried it on my face in winter a few times, but it would sort of seep into my eyes, which was somewhat problematic! I'll try it on other body parts as the weather gets warmer. Maybe I can walk around the house nekkid until it soaks in. DH would like that. heheh.

I think we need to have realistic expectations--after multiple pregnancies/becoming a mother when a bit older and skin has lost some elasticity, I don't think it's reasonable to expect it to go right back to how it was before kids, but it seems that there are steps that can be taken short of surgery. I know some people think dry skin brushing is a bunch of BS, but at the very least, it serves as an exfoliant, so why not give it a shot?
Old 04-11-14, 02:41 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Thanks! Part 2 is here. I'm doing a part 3 on abdominal muscle, but I probably won't finish it until next week.
Thank you! For some reason I couldn't open the link, but I found it on your blog!
Quote:
Even if you can't sleep, rest, breathe, hug, love. Do lots more of stuff like this: Sometimes that's the best thing you can do... for more reasons than just your middle.
Great article! And a lot of great info to think about!

... Waiting for Part 3!!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 04-11-14, 02:53 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Maybe I can walk around the house nekkid until it soaks in. DH would like that. heheh.

Quote:
I think we need to have realistic expectations--after multiple pregnancies/becoming a mother when a bit older and skin has lost some elasticity, I don't think it's reasonable to expect it to go right back to how it was before kids, but it seems that there are steps that can be taken short of surgery. I know some people think dry skin brushing is a bunch of BS, but at the very least, it serves as an exfoliant, so why not give it a shot?
I def. think it is worth trying, just for all the benefits it has. When I first bought it I wasn't pregnant, so I didn't buy it for the mummy tummy thing, but if it can help with it, that'd be a big plus!

My sister has 4 kids all of them on her 20s, she doesn't have any mummy tummy issue, same thing with my mom, she started on her 20s as well, althought she had me at 32. I'm kind of dissapointed being the only one having this issue (in my family), but I started in my 30s so I guess my skin has lost some elasticity.

Old 04-11-14, 06:37 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Colleen, I would think fat might actually *help* fill in loose skin, no? Maybe??

As for coconut oil, I tried it on my face in winter a few times, but it would sort of seep into my eyes, which was somewhat problematic! I'll try it on other body parts as the weather gets warmer. Maybe I can walk around the house nekkid until it soaks in. DH would like that. heheh.

I would say it does fill it in some. I guess you have to pick your battles. Lol . Dry skin brushing has made my skin so much more vibrant and smooth, though. It has a bit of a glow or sheen when I do it regularly. A big thing for me is it totally eliminates the ketosis pilaris (sp?) on the backs of my arms which is these nasty little bumps I get back there.

As for waiting for the coconut oil to soak in...I tend to wear this ratty old cover up that DH says reminds him of something his grandma would wear. LMAO I tell him I can't have him chasing me around the house when I'm trying to get ready to go somewhere!
Old 04-12-14, 04:49 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
As for waiting for the coconut oil to soak in...I tend to wear this ratty old cover up that DH says reminds him of something his grandma would wear. LMAO I tell him I can't have him chasing me around the house when I'm trying to get ready to go somewhere!
bwhahahaha!

My 3 yr. old has that ketosis pilaris thing. I don't know that he'll want me brushing him, though...

Tags
loose skin, skin brushing, skin brushing blog