Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-12, 07:46 PM  
momof10

I have had 10 babies as my screen name shows. I had my first at the age of 18 and my last at the age of 45. Actually, my last three, I had over the age of 40. I do have some loose skin, but it's very minimal. It will show only in plank position, as was mentioned above. I have worked out since I had my first baby 38 years ago. I know that has helped, and I lost my baby weight within 6 months of each baby. That being said, I do notice, if my weight gets too low, below 115, then my skin gets looser. If I have my weight at about 120 or above, my skin looks better. I attribute that to having the extra fat(?), to fill it in. Does that make sense to anyone? Plus, since I have gone through my change over 6 years ago, any weight I put on, is in my abs.

Cheryl

Last edited by momof10; 01-26-12 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Typo
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 07:51 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Cheryl, I was hoping you'd chime in! You're probably our resident expert with your brood!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 07:53 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I worked out during my pregnancy and was back at it within a week after he was born. I used to be a pear and my abs were never a problem area for me. So there is definitely a genetic component for some of us.
Old 01-26-12, 08:05 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Cheryl, I was hoping you'd chime in! You're probably our resident expert with your brood!
Hey thanks!!! Yes, after having 10 children, I do feel like an expert. The thing is once your skin stretches out, so fast, too, then all of a sudden you have the baby, of course, you will have stretched skin. Its an interesting subject.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 08:32 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanja View Post
Here is an article about dry skin brushing: http://www.jashbotanicals.com/articl..._brushing.html

Wet brushing works just the same. While in the shower I would just take a body brush and rub it on my tummy in circles until it turned pink. After the shower I would use regular body moisturizer, olive oil, at this time (I have issues putting chemicals/poisons on the biggest organ of the body). There are no special brushes/lotions to buy although it is a money maker nowadays. You could also "pinch and pull" your skin until it is pink, same results. The idea is to increase blood flow to the area that needs bouncing back. Remember, your skin is a living, breathing thing.

HTH
Thanks for this article. I'm going to give it a try!
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 09:31 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanja View Post
Here is an article about dry skin brushing: http://www.jashbotanicals.com/articl..._brushing.html

Wet brushing works just the same. While in the shower I would just take a body brush and rub it on my tummy in circles until it turned pink. After the shower I would use regular body moisturizer, olive oil, at this time (I have issues putting chemicals/poisons on the biggest organ of the body). There are no special brushes/lotions to buy although it is a money maker nowadays. You could also "pinch and pull" your skin until it is pink, same results. The idea is to increase blood flow to the area that needs bouncing back. Remember, your skin is a living, breathing thing.

HTH
Hm, maybe I'll try it too. Couldn't hurt!
Old 01-27-12, 05:36 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I remember dry brushing was a big topic on VF a few years ago. Teresa Tapp advocates it.

As for loose skin in general, I always wish Biggest Loser would address it because I know it's a huge issue for all the contestants. They lose weight so quickly!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 07:53 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I bought a dry brush and tried it for the first time yesterday. I am curious though, how long before someone should notice a difference if they do it every day? I know everyone is different but I don't want to give up on it too soon if I need to do it for a long time, but I don't want to waste my time after a certain point if it's not going to do anything for me. Thanks!
Old 01-30-12, 09:08 AM  
amazondotmom

Check out this link:

http://t-tapp.com/success/michellep/index.html

amazondotmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 09:20 AM  
amazondotmom

Check out this link:

http://t-tapp.com/success/michellep/index.html

amazondotmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loose skin, skin brushing, skin brushing blog