Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-12, 06:49 PM  
Sissy B

These were my original goals for the challenge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
I'm in.

I'd like to say that I won't buy any DVDs this year, but I know that's not realistic (I already have a few on my wish list) so I'm setting a limit of 12 or less. I figure that allows me one a month.

I'm also going to go through my very large collection and get rid of any DVDs that I'm not going to use.

~Sissy B
I've only bought 11 DVDs this year so I did pretty well. And while my collection is still too large, it's not as big as it was at the beginning of the year. I donated a lot of DVDs to the library.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 07:03 PM  
Helen

Final summation

My purchases all year 2012:
Jillian Michaels' Cardio Kickbox _____$15 local retail
Bob Harper's Kettlebell Sculpted Body _____$10 local retail
Bob Harper's Body Rev Cardio Conditioning _____$10 local retail
Purchased on sale, with free postage & put aside until Xmas
Cathe's To The Max _____30% off
Cathe's Cross Fire _____30% off
Cathe's CTX _____$25, replaces VHS
Cathe's XTrain _____preorder, not here yet

Also bought a set of 7kg dumbbells (bright yellow coated), for DH.

ALL are still virginal (including the dumbbells)
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 09:14 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

These were my purchases for this year:
1) Mimi Solaire's Deep Stretch
2) Gary Kraftsow's Viniyoga for low back
3) AOS Santa Monica (half price and free shipping)
4) Nia Shank's Beautiful Badass Program (e-book)

That's it!
I also got 4 Horizontal Conditioning and Lauren Brooks' KB Lightning through trades and a few DVDs as gifts.
I have been mostly working out at the gym and very little in the DVD world has tempted me.
Happy new year everyone!
Leslie
ETA: My DD thinks I should get rid of my unused DVDs to make room for photo albums of our future travels. Why I agree I don't use alot of them I might want to do them at some point. I do have a drawer full of DVDs to trade or give away however. Once the new year is here I will post a trade list and a "share the wealth" offer.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 12:46 PM  
Buzzer

I've been thinking of this thread... i didn't realize Red had reactivated it!! I've been thinking I should dig it out and see how we all did.

I did AWFUL until June when Little Buzz showed up. I think I was panic buying. After LB, I have only bought a handful of workouts (like maybe 4 or 5, plus the Cathe presale I split with another VF'er). I have a ton in my cart at Mary's though. I haven't looked at her sale items, i'm scared that stuff I want is on sale and I will be unable to resist the force. I've been avoiding all talk of her sale, so thanks to RedPanda for bringing that up

allisoncooks: I wish you hadn't brought up the Michael Olijide system of sleek I have it in my cart at Amazon. I Michael, and I'm hoping it will sell out before I get weak and truly hit the "buy" button I've been hovering over. I really want more reviews, but of course, that other part of me is happy there's no other reviews. I really need to be talked into it or out of it, because if it sells out at the $20 price then suddenly there's glowing reviews posted, I'm gonna cry that I missed out. I'm in a tough spot.

helen, that would be awesome to get next year started. I'm gonna miss Red's leadership, but as long as she pops in and gives us her words of wisdom that make me pull out my cc or question my resolve, I'm good.

I had said this year i was gonna put money in a prepaid visa and that would be my budget, then I didn't do it. Well, this year, I have a $150 prepaid visa starting out the year, so I'm debating using that as my start. I don't think $150 is enough for a year () but it's a start?????? I'm hopeless.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 12:55 PM  
imhere2dance

I failed miserably in either January or February. LOL. (I'm too lazy to search through this thread to see where I slipped.) So I just gave up and bought everything I wanted...as usual. No more buying challenges for me!
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 02:34 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I'm gonna miss Red's leadership, but as long as she pops in and gives us her words of wisdom that make me pull out my cc or question my resolve, I'm good.
You can count on it, Buzz!
Old 12-31-12, 03:07 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
i failed miserably in either january or february. Lol. (i'm too lazy to search through this thread to see where i slipped.) so i just gave up and bought everything i wanted...as usual. no more buying challenges for me!
lol!
Old 12-31-12, 04:06 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
allisoncooks: I wish you hadn't brought up the Michael Olijide system of sleek I have it in my cart at Amazon. I Michael, and I'm hoping it will sell out before I get weak and truly hit the "buy" button I've been hovering over. I really want more reviews, but of course, that other part of me is happy there's no other reviews. I really need to be talked into it or out of it, because if it sells out at the $20 price then suddenly there's glowing reviews posted, I'm gonna cry that I missed out. I'm in a tough spot.
Well -- I don't know if it'll help or hinder -- but I plan on doing some detailed reviews on the set once I do it. (I really wanted to hear more about before buying but finally I decided to just go for it. )
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 06:43 PM  
Helen

The email buzzed that a new post was here just as I was making the 2013 version. On it's way.

I'm sorry The Panda isn't going to continue - I'll be much less fun - I'm chronically boring - but that in itself is a challenge for ME.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 06:50 PM  
Darisa

Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I failed miserably in either January or February. LOL. (I'm too lazy to search through this thread to see where I slipped.) So I just gave up and bought everything I wanted...as usual. No more buying challenges for me!
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 goals, goals, no buy, vidiocy, vidiocy recovery