Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-11, 09:12 AM  
bubbles76

Well, you know I'm in :)

Goals for 2012
  1. Work through 50% of my virgins.
  2. Gift, donate or trade in dvds I don't like and won't do.
  3. Work out consistently 5 days per week
  4. Only buy one dvd during the year

Yes, very ambitious! But I have to get through these virgins.

ETA: I just checked my expenses from 2010 and 2011. I did MUCH better in 2011! I spent $290 in 2010 ($50 over budget) and $137 in 2011 (only $17 over budget).
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 09:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
My goal is no new purchases for 2012. Trading is fine but I must do the trade DVD within 1 week of receiving. The only exceptions are as follows:

1.) If I really, really want it.
2.) If I'm having a bad day and need the pick-me-up.
3.) If a majority of Vfers highly recommend a specific program.
4.) If it's my birthday, a major holiday, Tuesday or every other Friday.
5.) I must keep below the limit on my credit card. If I do go over the limit, absolutely no purchases until the mortgage on my house goes through.
6.) Like a tree that falls in the forest, my purchase only counts if someone finds out about it.

It's an aggressive goal plan but I think the added discipline will help me in other areas of my life.
LMAO. I think I am disciplined enough for this challenge.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 09:36 AM  
Katri

I'm in too!

My goals:
- no more than 10 new DVDs in 2012
- to trade/donate the DVDs I know I won't do again
Old 12-23-11, 09:51 AM  
Pepnchar

2011 was a crazy year for me -- I caved to EVERYTHING!

Rules for buying DVD’s in 2012:
Limit 1 DVD per month or 12 for the year
For every 1 DVD purchased, 3 or more old DVD’s must be sold, traded or given away
A downloaded workout that was paid for counts as a DVD and the above rules apply
Rules do not apply for any DVD’s or downloads acquired for free
I will create a wish-list and purchase/trade only from this list. I may add DVD's to the list at any time
No purchasing "systems" or "sets" of DVD's this year. I have enough and will never get through all of them in just one year
Pre-orders considered ona case-by-case basis... once I know about a pre-sale, a cooling off period of at least 48 hours must be given so I can figure out if I really need these DVD's
Pepnchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 10:03 AM  
Scorpio6

My goal is simple:
No more than 4 new dvds this year. That's it.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 10:04 AM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
My goal is no new purchases for 2012. Trading is fine but I must do the trade DVD within 1 week of receiving. The only exceptions are as follows:

1.) If I really, really want it.
2.) If I'm having a bad day and need the pick-me-up.
3.) If a majority of Vfers highly recommend a specific program.
4.) If it's my birthday, a major holiday, Tuesday or every other Friday.
5.) I must keep below the limit on my credit card. If I do go over the limit, absolutely no purchases until the mortgage on my house goes through.
6.) Like a tree that falls in the forest, my purchase only counts if someone finds out about it.

It's an aggressive goal plan but I think the added discipline will help me in other areas of my life.
Hmmm. These sound like the "goals" that got me onto this thread in the first place!

My goal is to stick with a $366 (dollar a day) limit. Actually, I should come in below that since I really don't need any other DVDs. But to be realistic, at some point I will buy the two new Ellens, the Supermodel Butt DVD, 10 Pound Slimdown Extreme (if QVC has a good price), other DVDs at a great sale price, etc.
Old 12-23-11, 10:07 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishivy View Post
it is my most frequently used tool in the box. Imho, subterfuge will always be the gold standard. If you think about it, it's fairly considerate of me to promote oblivious habits. Why bother other people with my personal problems?
lol!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 10:19 AM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
Do not buy unless enabled by RedPanda and Buzzer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
We'll do our best.
Yes, as long as you do your best to enable me, you little enabler.

I HAVE to join this year again... last year ended up starting really well, then ending up with a total binge. Now I have a hangover.

My goals:
1.) I am gonna put $2-$300 in a prepaid Visa, and only spend with that card. $200 sounds too small, $300 still makes me sweat but also makes me feel guilty since it's a lot of money. BUT, since I'm SURE I spent more than $300 this year, perhaps I'll err on the side of sweating and guilty.

That amount does not include BOS with Greg, which I'm sure I'll have in my "bought" cart by the end of 2011. Thanks, Kali!!

2.) If I "need" something, I will look to my extensive collection and see if I have something already that is like it.

3.) I will get rid of my Firm Wave and 360* push up bars (they have michelin men under the pushup bars you have to blow up... I blew them up but never used them. I like my regular pushup bars better) to someone who is in need. I will buy no other equipment. I definitely don't have room for it!!

4.) Thrift store finds don't count.

I hope I can do it this year. We have some (good) changes coming up in our lives that might make this a bit easier for me to stick to, but I'm not one to assume anything. I think I'll still have a tough time!!!

OK, here's to a frugal New Year!!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 10:22 AM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Goals for 2012
  1. Work through 50% of my virgins.
  2. Gift, donate or trade in dvds I don't like and won't do.
  3. Work out consistently 5 days per week
  4. Only buy one dvd during the year

Yes, very ambitious! But I have to get through these virgins.
Bubbles... only ONE for the WHOLE year??? Shoot, I blow that rule before breakfast!!! Ugh. You inspire me. I hope you can stick to it... but that makes me feel anxious, and it's not even my goal!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 12:43 PM  
iheartsts

I'm definitely in! I've got enough workouts that I could probably do a different one every day of the year and not do them all. I've been feeling overwhelmed with all of my choices, so I've chosen to be satisfied with what I have.

So this year I will spend nothing on DVD's or equipment. Trades are allowed, but only for something I've been really, really wanting, like Turbofire, Skogg, or Kelly Coffey-Meyer TLC.

Good luck everyone, and Happy New Year!

Tags
2012 goals, goals, no buy, vidiocy, vidiocy recovery