Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-11, 07:03 PM  
Breezy Trousers

I've been addicted to kettlebells for two years and don't see that ending anytime soon but will try Venus Index out in 2012 for a change of pace. (Am going to Cabo San Lucas for vacation in February, so there's strong incentive to get in gear.) ... If I like the first 12-week VI rotation, I'll try the second rotation for another three months ... Will see .... May have to break that up with some kettlebells in between ... I'm also going to try to stretch and walk a bit more.

Fidgetqueen, I like your attitude!

Mascka, if you are snatching 35 lbs. 3x, I'm in awe!

Sounds like a few of us will be meeting up at the No, Slow, Wise Buying thread in '12.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 09:10 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
For 2011 I resolved to stop referring to myself as "choreographically challenged", "clumsy", or "klutzy". Guess what - I noticed that my ability to pick up and remember new movement patterns improved markedly. It's the power of positive thinking at work!

My fitness resolution for 2012 is to focus on recovery, prehab and functional fitness stuff - because I've seen what happens when I don't! It's easy to blow off those types of workouts, so I've added them to my 2012 workout log (in addition to my regular, more strenuous workouts) so I can tick off each workout.

Jill Miller, Tracie Long and Karen Dubbs (of Flexible Warrior fame) will be my new workout partners for next year.

What's your fitness resolution for 2012?

My Focus:

* Functional Fitness
* Large muscle compound exercises
* STOP doing workouts that ultimately flare my FMS!!! I am so sick and tired of being sick and exhausted with other complications to boot.
* Stick to what I like, when I like, and avoid Bandwagons.
* Go back to moderate weight ranges. I loves me some heavy weights and I love what it does to my body, but it now qualifies as "high intensity" according to my body and it doesn't do HI very well thanks to the FMS.
* Workouts that induce pleasure and smiles, a little sweat is good too!

I see a lot of Tracie Long, Gilad, some Firm, Outdoors/nature, and New Rules of Lifting Styled workouts in my future. I'm hoping to add a pregnancy to the mix as well so having a stable foundation in Functional Fitness and long walks is really going to make me a Happy Momma!

EDIT: I'm backing off of aesthetics-focus myself. I made a promise to myself in March/April of 2011 that I would exercise to feel good, eat in moderation, and just enjoy the beauty of being able to move and get out of bed! Since about Oct of this year the focus returned to aesthetics/weight for upcoming medical appointments. I don't like focusing on the outward anymore bc it does bad things to in the inward. Strong and being able to move and being able to keep my symptoms at bay as long as possible is the true goal. Not a resolution, but a must!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 09:23 PM  
sunday

My resolutions are the same as they were this year:

- Maintain my nearly 45 pound weight loss
- Work out 300+ days
- Do workouts I enjoy!!

New this year:
- Do daily cardio with Leslie!
- Complete TA Meta Hipcentric and move on to Continuity
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 09:30 PM  
bubbles76

posted twice.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 09:31 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
...to be more consistant. I feel I exercise in fits and starts, I'll be very consisitant for months, just stop exercising for a few weeks, then have to kickstart myself.
This is me all the way. Here are my fitness resolutions for 2012:
  1. Workout at least 5 days a week. I need to be more consistent.
  2. Dedicate one day a week to yoga or flexibility
  3. Only buy one new workout in 2012. My one new workout is outside of my mad money purchases. Mad money purchases are bought from best buy points, credit card rewards points, selling off other dvds, amazon credits, or gift cards.
  4. Work through 25% of my virgin workouts before 2013
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 11:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

To use my Kellys more and get more spice in my fitness routine. I'm really in a yoga groove but I do have to incorporate more exertion during the week, too.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-11, 07:15 AM  
kat999

My 2012 Goals:

1. Get rid of all workouts with a dread factor. If I groan when I see it come up in rotation, it's out of the house. Period.
2. Most days, I need to work out in the morning. If I don't get it done first thing, it doesn't get done, and when it doesn't get done, I tend to be in a crummy mood all day.
3. Alternate cardio with AWT in the mornings, yoga in the evenings. Yoga in the mornings makes me too sleepy.
4. I did 2 5K races last year. I'd like to do 3-4 for 2012 and start training outdoors with consistency by the first day of spring.
Old 12-12-11, 09:24 AM  
shannonleigh23

From kat 999:
"1. Get rid of all workouts with a dread factor. If I groan when I see it come up in rotation, it's out of the house. Period.
2. Most days, I need to work out in the morning. If I don't get it done first thing, it doesn't get done, and when it doesn't get done, I tend to be in a crummy mood all day."

Those sounds just like my resolutions. I need to focus on being consistent and not making excuses. I was on a roll for most of the year, but have lost my focus since about Halloween. I need to jump back on the wagon and stay on it!

Last edited by shannonleigh23; 12-12-11 at 09:25 AM. Reason: edit qu
shannonleigh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-11, 09:45 AM  
Sophie

Video heresy: to actually get out of my basement (or off the streets) and start using the fitness center at work, and spend some time with a trainer to learn something new. Then use what I learned back in my basement

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-11, 11:10 AM  
turbo1

On of my goals is to STOP feeling guilty for missing a workout when LIFE throws something at me that I can't avoid. As long as I'm moving throughout the day, I've got to stop feeling guilty because the guilt messes with my head too much and brings out the negative little voice that says naughty things about me. I"m going to quit focusing on where I"m "not at" in regards to my wt loss journey and focus on the now, and not where I feel like I need to be. I want to enjoy every single day, regardless of my wt, and how I look. I"m going to spend less time on the internet (except here of course!) reading about fitness programs, diet advice, and hide posts on Facebook of "experts" that post good info, but have a slight twist with words that make me feel guilty for not being 100% spot on with diet/training every day of my life. I've pretty much cut out all fitness mags.

I too am going to stop forcing myself to do workouts that I absolutely dread. I don't CARE if its considered by experts to be the latest and greatest way of training, if I don't like it, it's going in the get rid of pile. I"m already buying fewer DVDs since I"ve stayed off bandwagons.

I like rotations of about 4 weeks, so I"m going to stick with this is the future. If I like what I"m doing and feel like going more than 4 weeks, that's what I will do.

I recently ordered P90X(late to the party I know), and I'm pretty sure I won't do 90s straight, but that's ok, I refuse to feel guilty or lazy if I"m ready for something different in 4 weeks. Should be in the mail any day this week!

I love high impact, but my body doesn't. I"m through being angry at my body for not performing that way it used to (lots of high impact/high intensity) I gain wt weight (no matter how clean my diet is) when I try to force myself forms of exercise I know my body can't take anymore. This body has served me well these 51 yrs and will continue to do so if I just pay attention! I am not on any meds yet and want to stay that way.

2012 will be all about being kinder and more forgiving to myself. I have so much to be thankful for!

Tags
resolutions