Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-11, 03:54 PM  
RedPanda

What's your fitness resolution for 2012?

For 2011 I resolved to stop referring to myself as "choreographically challenged", "clumsy", or "klutzy". Guess what - I noticed that my ability to pick up and remember new movement patterns improved markedly. It's the power of positive thinking at work!

My fitness resolution for 2012 is to focus on recovery, prehab and functional fitness stuff - because I've seen what happens when I don't! It's easy to blow off those types of workouts, so I've added them to my 2012 workout log (in addition to my regular, more strenuous workouts) so I can tick off each workout.

Jill Miller, Tracie Long and Karen Dubbs (of Flexible Warrior fame) will be my new workout partners for next year.

What's your fitness resolution for 2012?
Old 12-09-11, 04:08 PM  
cpcathy

To actually work out!
No, really, I've had a difficult 2011, either with my arthritis pain or being depressed, so I've struggled with consistency. I found FIRM Express late this year and really enjoy it, so am planning on completing that rotation and then maybe going to TA.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 04:17 PM  
dbclark44

I plan to incorporate lower body and abs in my weekly workouts at least 2X a week. I neglect those parts so much. Twice a week abs twice a week lower body. 10 minutes tacked on the end of my regular workouts is doable, I just have to do it.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 04:47 PM  
patchworkpenguin

...to be more consistant. I feel I exercise in fits and starts, I'll be very consisitant for months, just stop exercising for a few weeks, then have to kickstart myself.

I also tend to think of exercise in basic catagories such as cardio, weights, or a circuit, so I don't often do floorwork, standing toning/barre, yoga, or pilates, adding these componants to my regular catagories might help keep me more consistant and stop the 'boredom' that sometimes hits me.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 05:06 PM  
alisoncooks

My 2012 resolutions:
1. STOP MAKING EXCUSES
2. FOCUS ON FIT

I tend to give into emotional eating/bingeing. I want to let go of all those things that pull into negative behaviors/habits (pass it on to a higher authority) and to stop making excuses/allowances.

I also want to focus less on the aesthetics and more making my body STRONG...if that means a bigger jean size or whatever, then so be it!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 05:11 PM  
Darisa

Conquer my fear of heavy weights and add more yoga. I'm starting CTX this Sunday for 6 weeks, then doing 4DS for 6 weeks then tackling STS for 3 months.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 05:18 PM  
MKEMom

Welll.... we're planning some family expansion in 2012, so I'd like to have a fit, healthy pregnancy.

That, and I'd really like to be able to do some push-ups on my toes.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 05:35 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

To get back into workouts other than walking (since the cold weather is keeping me from that...I'm a wimp!). Then maybe I can again feel like I belong on a forum called VIDEOfitness...LOL! (Hey, I do OWN a lot...and continue to BUY them...I just don't USE them much anymore!)

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 08:20 PM  
Pam

I want to be more consistant as well. This past several months I set goals that really weren't reachable in the time frame I set and I was discouraged when I couldn't reach the goals and stop working out much. Also I thought I should be doing certain categories, ie barre, and that was not really what my body wanted. When changed to AWT and dance for lite days, I started making great advances in all areas. So, my goals are to be consistant, listen to my body and set reasonible strength/cardio and weight loss goals.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 09:04 PM  
darbyndoug

To just keep at it!
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
resolutions