Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-26-11, 01:11 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I'm not really too concerned about when they get here, even though I understand if other people are. But it struck me funny at the end of that blog post when SNM says to notify them if anyone's address has changed since they pre-ordered. It's like even they realize what a long time it's been since people pre-ordered. LOL.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 01:23 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I'm getting to where I'm not really looking forward to these. Got other good stuff I'm excited about doing. Thinking of cancelling if it's not too late.
I'm actually the opposite. I pre-ordered and cancelled and now I'm almost wishing I hadn't... I do have a couple of them coming from a split order, but now I'm contemplating the others.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 02:10 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia View Post
The dvd cover in that post says, "Limited Edition". Anyone know what that means (if anything)?

The limited edition case holds all the DVDs in this series except for Cycle Max (which comes in its own case). Two packages were offered as initial preorder options: the basic package and deluxe package which included Cycle Max. These packages were offered at substantial discounts. The time period to order the limited edition packs is over and you can now only order individual DVDs.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 02:18 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

The wait for Cathe's DVDs reminds me of when you go to a restaurant that makes you wait so long for the food that you lose your appetite.

Maybe when the DVDs come, my enthusiasm will be renewed, but it's been so long since I ordered (and paid), that the thrill is gone .
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 02:37 PM  
alisoncooks

I didn't pre/order these, but there are several I want (yoga, barre, slide & glide). I'm counting on people having lost their appetites for these, LOL...I need to make trades for them in a few months...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 02:39 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post
The limited edition case holds all the DVDs in this series except for Cycle Max (which comes in its own case). Two packages were offered as initial preorder options: the basic package and deluxe package which included Cycle Max. These packages were offered at substantial discounts. The time period to order the limited edition packs is over and you can now only order individual DVDs.
And at this time, it's cheaper (with shipping) to order them from Collage or Mary - and they won't charge you until they ship.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 02:40 PM  
Indy

This is taking longer than I expected - I was thinking August - now we are talking November.

I know they can't predict the date right off the bat - but I really don't understand why they can't start a new project and get it substantially completed and then announce the presale. I would think by now Cathe would be able to fund it upfront plus she has a lot of loyal customers she can count on buying. This would save us a long wait and they wouldn't be inundated with requests from impatient people and there would be far fewer cancellations.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 02:47 PM  
afirmrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
This is taking longer than I expected - I was thinking August - now we are talking November.

I know they can't predict the date right off the bat - but I really don't understand why they can't start a new project and get it substantially completed and then announce the presale. I would think by now Cathe would be able to fund it upfront plus she has a lot of loyal customers she can count on buying. This would save us a long wait and they wouldn't be inundated with requests from impatient people and there would be far fewer cancellations.
I agree.

They said that this preorder was different than in the past because they had already started rehearsals and I think filming before they announced the preorder. If they had not we probably would not see them this year.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 03:07 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
The wait for Cathe's DVDs reminds me of when you go to a restaurant that makes you wait so long for the food that you lose your appetite.

Maybe when the DVDs come, my enthusiasm will be renewed, but it's been so long since I ordered (and paid), that the thrill is gone .
Exactly. I guess I'll hang onto my preorder limited edition since the price was a pretty good discount. If none of them really grab me I might just sell it as a set, but if I like one or a few of them I'll have to figure out some way to divide the set.

These days I have so many great workouts I can't really justify keeping something I may never use.

On the other hand, there are a couple of Cathe's recent workouts I really love the music on, and these I will not part with, namely 4DS Higher Impact Step, Athletic Step, and High Reps. If Cathe has the same people doing the music on the new ones, I will be motivated to use them.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 03:14 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
And at this time, it's cheaper (with shipping) to order them from Collage or Mary - and they won't charge you until they ship.
The limited edition pack is not for sale anymore.

However, the individual DVDs are listed as follows as far as I can tell:

Mary- 21.98 (with 10% off 19.78) free shipping for US orders over $19
Collage- 19.99 with free shipping for US orders on qualifying items over $25
Cathe- 19.97 free shipping over $99 for US orders

The price of the DVDs is too close to make a difference. If you plan on buying less than 5 of the DVDs than it would be cheaper to go with another vendor besides Cathe because of the shipping costs.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cathe low impact series, cathe preorder, cathe presale