Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-11, 09:12 AM  
melzie

Another apartment dweller here, everything is in the living room. Weights are lined up under the weight bench to the right of the t.v., along with towel, homeade telephone book duct tape yoga block, bands, ankle weights, medicine ball, and so on.

Mats stay in the floor in front of the t.v., picked up once a week to clean, then put right back in place. Guests or not, they stay there.

Tall box to the right of t.v. beside the big plastic tote full of the workout videos and any papers that came with them showing various exercises, covered by a nice pattern/material curtain that I did not have a mate to. Stability ball on other side of room shoved up against a folding table that has an allergy air maching on it.

Various workouts on the coffee table for the week.

Sometimes a pair weights travel to the chair or even the kitchen counter if I am carrying them around doing something mindless, maybe biceps curls, or if I went two days without working out, I carry them to the counter that night so I see them first thing in the morning.

I like seeing my equipment, it reminds me to get busy. I don't want them hidden as I like to keep reminding myself to do just a little bit more, but I don't have the issue of children running around, DD is grown, or a hubby pestering me, so I can just toss them willy nilly if I chose.
melzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-11, 10:17 AM  
lingo10

I got a small room. So I just pack em in the corner on the floor. My Tony Little Easy Shaper, my medicine ball, 2 sets of weights (thinking of getting a weight stand), ankle weights, resistance bands (handle and free), leg slider, wii stuff, and water bottles.

Lol now that I see it, I need a better formula but thats the best I can do.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-11, 12:34 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I work out in what should be my dining room only there is no table in there. I have a computer cabinet and a few other pieces along the wall. My kitchen table extends when I need a larger table for Thanksgiving, etc. You have to walk through this room to get amywhere in my house. I keep my weights in the front hall closet. This is also where my mat, bands and anything else I can cram in there goes. My step(s) are under the bed. My FL is being used at the end of the bed for my 16 yr old cat. It's only a few steps to set it all up, but I wish I could leave it out. I envy anyone with a home gym.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-11, 01:09 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygreatdane View Post
. My FL is being used at the end of the bed for my 16 yr old cat. It's only a few steps to set it all up, but I wish I could leave it out.
That's funny, I use my full size step for my 11 year old dog for the same purpose.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, storage, workout space