Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-11, 09:27 AM  
DRD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post
I thought I read a reply this weekend from the administrator that they didn't think Irene was going to impact the progress. Of course, I guess things could change.

A compliment to the CS -
They have been very good about their updates and they are very quick to answer any questions. Thumbs up to whoever is handing out the information.

jordan
That's good. Looking at some of the pictures of storm damage, you never know. I do not have a good sense of where Cathe's company is, except NJ, so was not sure what the impact of the storm is. Storms can impact not only buildings, but the people who are working on the project. If the team is affected by the storm, it can slow things down. I am not worrying my head about it, I get them when I get them. Weather is still very nice here, so actually doing a lot of exercise outdoors right now anyway. It will be nice when the horrible darkness of October mornings hit that I have fun new work-outs to play with.
DRD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 11:23 AM  
Fidget Queen

I'm just impressed that things are going as quickly as they are, as well. I think this series pre order has gone more smoothly than any I remember. I've never cared much about the waits anyway (but that's just me as I have plenty to keep me occupied ). When I originally saw August 31st, my immediate thought was, oh, well, sometime in early 2012 then. It didn't even cross my mind to assume they'd be shipped at the time they stated. .
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 12:06 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I am bit disappointed because the DVD's have not been sent to the replicators yet. Given that there are 10 DVD's it takes at least a month for replication. So Im thinking we wont get these until Oct at the earliest. Oh well its not the end of the world..
In the update, she said they're sending the masters to the replicator as they get finished. While she's finishing up the workouts, they will get started replicating right away.

It's so close now! I'm getting excited!
Old 08-30-11, 12:44 PM  
Sass

Ha! I thought this thread was going to link me to some clips. Oh how I wish!
Old 08-31-11, 09:03 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass View Post
Ha! I thought this thread was going to link me to some clips. Oh how I wish!
I wonder if Greg Twombly is the director? He got some clips of Susan Chung's new workout posted just a few days after filming. I don't understang why SNM couldn't give us more than just that 'teaser' clip.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 09:42 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
I wonder if Greg Twombly is the director? He got some clips of Susan Chung's new workout posted just a few days after filming. I don't understang why SNM couldn't give us more than just that 'teaser' clip.
Throw us a bone already! I guess I shouldn't complain, since I am all too familiar with Cathe preorders. I know what I am in for, but I still would like to see clips of the workouts.
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 09:46 AM  
Conni

Why am I thinking that as soon as the pre-order ends tonight, clips will magically appear?
Old 08-31-11, 10:02 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:

I totally agree!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 12:21 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
SNM and Cathe posted the same group that edits the videos, edits the clips. If they pulled them off of video editing, it would delay the release even further.

Greg was probably able to post clips because he's not doing 11 workouts at once. Greg also has streamlined approach to producing videos. Cathe is a bit more dynamic. She is constantly changing the way she does things. Also, unlike Greg she is clearly the Steven Spielberg of fitness videos and has to be involved in every step of the process. She exec produces the videos while running a gym, which makes her less available than Greg.
Old 09-14-11, 03:13 PM  
Sass

Sorry to resurrect this, but they just uploaded that teaser video into Youtube just now and it got me thinking that I liked it better when we were getting long awaited, random updates, no due date info from Cathe and company because they were at least putting out clips. I want clips. I didn't do the pre-order because I'd like to order what I'm going to actually use - no space on the shelves. No, I didn't like it better (of course not but but but)...just going mad about not getting another clip yet. If they could put that teaser together they could have put a few others together at least. *whining over*

Tags
cathe low impact series, cathe preorder, cathe presale