Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-11, 02:01 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

cathe may be like me..she gives herself a date to shoot for but is always "a bit" later than she expects! Every day I run out of my house slightly late and rushing like a mad woman. I even set my clock 10 minutes fast to try and "trick" myself to get my butt moving faster! I wish I was on of those people who was always 5 minutes early instead of 5 minutes late! LOL
eyefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 02:56 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Wouldn't it have been easer to do all the authoring, etc., as they went? Ah, maybe not. I know nothing about what it takes to put together a dvd.
Me neither, so this is speculation ... but I don't think Cathe is doing the editing all by herself. If she hires an editor, it's probably easier and cheaper to get that person for a few days at the very end, rather than bits & pieces of time as they go. Even if the editor is a regular employee of the production company (which seems likely), it's probably easiest to schedule a chunk of that person's time all at once.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 04:55 PM  
jjarboe

I really don't care about the shipping dates or if they are late. I know that Cathe is going to give me the BEST workout ever and the wait is worth it.

I LOVE CATHE!
jjarboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 08:51 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRD0 View Post
I hate to be a downer, but I wonder how much Irene will affect the dates.
I thought I read a reply this weekend from the administrator that they didn't think Irene was going to impact the progress. Of course, I guess things could change.

A compliment to the CS -
They have been very good about their updates and they are very quick to answer any questions. Thumbs up to whoever is handing out the information.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 08:53 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarboe View Post
I really don't care about the shipping dates or if they are late. I know that Cathe is going to give me the BEST workout ever and the wait is worth it.
Oh, I'm not concerned about it. I just thought maybe the reason they were staggering the filming was specifically to try to get things wrapped up sooner this time. I agree with you, Cathe does give me some of the best workouts I have. I just really click with her workouts for some reason. There are some I like better than others but I don't know that I truly dislike any.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 08:57 PM  
jordan

As far as the ship date, well, it was only an estimated date. I'm happy with an estimate and won't hold it against them because they are up front about it being an estimated time frame. If they weren't giving updates then I could understand a little tension but they have been giving updates and answering questions.

I can't use this series until Oct. I'm getting really excited about these workouts but I have no problem waiting for them at this point.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 11:22 PM  
mtngoat

I'm actually pretty impressed that the shipping date is going to be as close as it is to the original estimate. I never took August 31 as gospel.

Jordan, you're right about the good CS with respect to questions on the forum! I've tagged a couple of questions on to the end of existing threads, and have gotten quick responses. The answers made me happy too!

(FYI: The downloads will include all raw footage included in all premixes on the DVDs, and SNM will provide those who bought downloads info about premixes (or templates for the Workout Blender - I wasn't clear) a couple of weeks after release. The only thing I wasn't happy about is they won't provide downloads of the cover art. Downloads cost the same as DVDs - I think we should get all of the content. SNM are worried about pirating though.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 12:59 AM  
DirtDiva

I don't care about the shipping date, its old news. I've got enough going on in my life that not having these dvd's on 8/31 isn't going to crash my world. I'm saving them for winter anyway.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 07:05 AM  
pharma_gal

I am bit disappointed because the DVD's have not been sent to the replicators yet. Given that there are 10 DVD's it takes at least a month for replication. So Im thinking we wont get these until Oct at the earliest. Oh well its not the end of the world..
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 07:29 AM  
Wendy G

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKEMom View Post
Why not just say, "We estimate a ship date sometime during September", and not give out an exact date till they know for sure?
That's the way they should do it! Of course, then the ship date would actually be on October 1st and people would quickly post on VF that they missed their deadline AGAIN!
Wendy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe low impact series, cathe preorder, cathe presale