Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-11, 06:41 PM  
neatski

FINALLY running without knee pain!!! 2.5 years!!!

It's been 2 1/2 years since I was forced to give up running due to excruciating pain in my knees no matter my pace, shoes, surface, etc. that occurred only while running. It's what prompted me to turn to exercise videos in the first place and taught me about cross training, but I missed it every day.

Anyway, nothing has ever been found to be medically wrong with my knees, and a few months ago, my dad, a physiatrist, recommended a book by John Sarno on psychosomatic pain. Following the techniques in the book, I've slowly started interval running. Today I had my FIRST PAIN FREE RUN in 2 1/2 years. I even got to sprint. It feels amazing.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 06:49 PM  
Kellie

What a milestone! Congratulations for your success and your determination in "fixing" what your mind was telling you!
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 07:06 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
It's been 2 1/2 years since I was forced to give up running due to excruciating pain in my knees no matter my pace, shoes, surface, etc. that occurred only while running. It's what prompted me to turn to exercise videos in the first place and taught me about cross training, but I missed it every day.

Anyway, nothing has ever been found to be medically wrong with my knees, and a few months ago, my dad, a physiatrist, recommended a book by John Sarno on psychosomatic pain. Following the techniques in the book, I've slowly started interval running. Today I had my FIRST PAIN FREE RUN in 2 1/2 years. I even got to sprint. It feels amazing.
yay, neatski, congrats!!
I need to track that book down. I'm glad it worked for you. I honestly don't know if mine are psychosomatic or structural, but at least it would be worth a try.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 07:14 PM  
jplain

Wow, how fantastic! That's cause for celebration!!!
jplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 07:43 PM  
suegy3

That's great! I wish that I could run without knee pain.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 07:59 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Congratulations! I can feel your excitement from here!
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 08:55 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Congratulations!!
Old 08-20-11, 09:20 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post

I am glad you are feeling better!!!

was it this book? http://www.amazon.com/Mindbody-Presc...3892781&sr=8-2

He basically says that a lot of our chronic aches pains are due to stress and unresolved emotions.... what are some of the techniques you followed from the book to got rid of your pain? I am really curious about this. thanks.

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 09:36 PM  
Cassy

Yes tips please! I have had hip pain for years but a recent xray showed no damage.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 10:53 PM  
kirstyscooby
VF Supporter

Yay, thats exciting news.

Tags
john sarno, knee, knee pain, knee rehabilitation, knee strengthening, knees, running