Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-11, 09:43 AM  
jacmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Talking about the pros and cons of Cathe provides a lot of entertainment on this forum (and yes, I plead guilty). All you have to do look at the number of views.

OTOH, when I fork over a lot of money months in advance, I feel entitled to state my opinion about how they do things.
It just seems like every time there is a preorder its the same drama.

We all know how SNM operates. If I had that much of a problem with their business practices, no matter how much I enjoyed the workouts, I would not buy them.
jacmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 09:45 AM  
noraW

I do find it interesting that every word and action Cathe and SNM take are usually very closely watched and criticized. This stood out more to me this week because I couldnt help but compare the actions of RKS (telling folks there would be no free kettlebell and the best deal was the free shipping and 10% off only to turn around and offer the free kettlebell) and how there really wasn't a reaction at all to it. I imagine had this been Cathe doing the same with gliding discs or whatever, the forum would've been rampant with how sneaky Cathe/SNM and how they didnt disclose the information.

I don't really have loyalty/favorites when it comes to instructors and I did not pre-order so this is merely an outside observation.
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 10:46 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddyO View Post
Why are people bitter towards Cathe, or offended by her? I really don't get it. Has she personally hurt anyone on this forum?

actually.... yes... she, chris and several of her die hard fans have been very offensive to cathe customers... there's a huge thread about it on this forum....
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 10:49 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Talking about the pros and cons of Cathe provides a lot of entertainment on this forum (and yes, I plead guilty). All you have to do look at the number of views.

yep... the forum's been pretty boring lately... i hadn't been in cathe threads too much except to read and then go on to spend my time commenting in other threads i really cared about.... i'm bored this week....

oh... and not to forget that per WWWendy.... i have the right to post negative comments about cathe (or any other instructor) as many times as i want!
-----
- WWWendy

-----
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
Old 08-19-11, 10:53 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraW View Post
I do find it interesting that every word and action Cathe and SNM take are usually very closely watched and criticized. This stood out more to me this week because I couldnt help but compare the actions of RKS (telling folks there would be no free kettlebell and the best deal was the free shipping and 10% off only to turn around and offer the free kettlebell) and how there really wasn't a reaction at all to it. I imagine had this been Cathe doing the same with gliding discs or whatever, the forum would've been rampant with how sneaky Cathe/SNM and how they didnt disclose the information.

I don't really have loyalty/favorites when it comes to instructors and I did not pre-order so this is merely an outside observation.
i thought there would be more backlash too... however the BIG difference, IMO is that RKS is new and has been awesome... on the other hand... cathe and most especially chris have been rude and obnoxious and pull the same crap over and over so a lot of people are sick of it... RKS appears to learn from their mistakes... cathe keeps making them over and over....

heck.... to bring another instructor into the mix... look at how professionally amy handled her DVD snafu... no blame on anyone but herself... whereas anytime there is an issue with cathe.. it's ALWAYS the end users fault first... even when it's not.. and yes... they did eventually.. key word EVENTUALLY replace that one series.. but not without a LOT of drama, bad blook and blame on everyone but themselves!
-----
- WWWendy

-----
Old 08-19-11, 10:58 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Who is Chris?
Old 08-19-11, 11:02 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Who is Chris?
her partner.... he answers (or used to answer) questions on her forum as SNM administrator or something like that? his answers used to be famous for their curtness and rudesness towards cathe's customers....
-----
- WWWendy

-----
Old 08-19-11, 11:12 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
her partner.... he answers (or used to answer) questions on her forum as SNM administrator or something like that? his answers used to be famous for their curtness and rudesness towards cathe's customers....
Thank you for answering! I'm fairly new to Cathe - I've only been doing her workouts about a year and a half. This is the first time I have seen the presale stuff - I think I was around for the other one but not enough to actually preorder. Interesting . . sounds like a nice guy .
Old 08-19-11, 11:14 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
I also was surprised to that there was only 1 poster that express disappointment about RKS, I got the new deal as a Bday gift, it was a really good deal and the Kbell was shipped free of chg. What I've learned about business nothing is in stone. Years ago when I first got TJ DVDs was all BB gave you with this system, fast forward now you get tubing, weight gloves etc. So it's a business and they do what they feel is necessary to get more sales, hopeful the whatever is necessary is ethical business practices. I only have 1 Cathe DVD and I really like it. If there is a company that I question their business practices than I don't do business with them, or I'm caution if I do. That being said I do feel everyone is entitle to their opinion. The bigger question is why do the same people keep buying from her if they're having issue with Cathe/SNM??
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 11:16 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:

I think another reason people may take it so personally is because Cathe has been in the game a minute, and one expects her company not to make the same mistakes over and over again. Also, probably for this forum, more people do Cathe than kettlebells. So the only ones that would care about the RKS deal would be those doing kettlebells. Hence, not as loud of an uproar over the RKS deal.

I would like to mention that there was a huge outcry (well, seemed huge to me) over the Peak Fit DVDs. And Beachbody can always be counted on to royally screw things up.

About me: love Cathe workouts! I do not do Cathe preorders. I have not dealt with Cathe or SNM personally, and only got into the home fitness game in 2007. So I am not personally or emotionally invested either way. Am very loyal to Christi Taylor though
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe preorder, cathe presale