Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-11, 10:47 AM  
jordan

Cool 3 days left to slide or glide on Cathe's presale

Okay, decision time.

I’ve been on a no exercise DVD buying kick for quite a while. I didn’t feel tempted to pre-order and I still haven’t bothered to order. In these last three days before Cathe’s presale moves into the next phase, I’m finding that I’m weighing the PROs and CONs.

PROs and CONs (they kind of cross lines for me)

When I heard low impact series, I associated the term with a batch of cardio workouts. Then the descriptions followed and it seemed like an awful lot of other stuff. Now that I’ve seen the pics & clip, I like the look of this series even though I wasn’t interested in the initial descriptions.

I need new gliders and if I subtract the cost of the gliders from the presale price the cost per workout averages out to $7.77 which means that they are paid for in 1 or 2 uses (even less, $7, if I got the deluxe set). Okay so this one is just pure PRO .

I have a lot of workouts (this is my biggest reason; guilt has gotten the better of me) and not much time to workout in the last couple of years. On the flip side, I like the shorter workouts Cathe is making because I have a lot less time to workout. I don’t have to choose to shorten the workout and I have NO excuses to skip out on working out when I’m short on time.

I like the music Cathe used in the Intensity Series and Body Blast Series better than the most recent music she is using. But, I actually like her more recent workouts more at this time in my life.

If I weren’t fighting tooth and nail to move into the next century then I could partially solve my problem by purchasing downloads but alas this computer illiterate will have to live to fight that battle another day. Now I can relate to those who came before me and fought for videos over DVDs, !

I’m sure my list is longer but it is time to make a decision. This is it because I’m not going to pay $22 and change for a workout when I could have paid $7 and change.

Is anyone else listing their PROs and CONs in these final hours of this presale phase?

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 11:07 AM  
Sass

Not this time. I'm going by what workouts I'm going to actually use. I have many workouts that I haven't even done yet and to add more at 100 bucks plus the sliders makes no sense in my wallet at the moment.

Just from the descriptions alone (and not so helpful teaser clip) it looks like I'd only buy two of the many workouts for sale ...so that's 44 bucks + the sliders if I want them (I'm ok with rags) then I'm saving about 50 bucks. And even if I get the sliders then I've saved about 30 bucks minus shipping (grrrr @ Cathe's shipping) so right now I'm good with not pre-ordering.

If there were more clips then I could make a better decision. The last pre-order didn't go so well for me so that also influences my decision...I could have saved money from that one to make up for the potential sliders in this series. Ha!
Old 07-25-11, 11:30 AM  
bearcatfan

Hey Jordan, it's been a long time - we miss you in the checkin.

I preordered, but canceled a few weeks ago (and closed my eyes when I hit the button, lol). Long story short, these did not call to me. I have been a teensy bit disappointed in everything Cathe's put out since 4DS .... something I can't put my finger on. I guess they are not where I am right now, and that's okay.

Another thing that dissuaded me is that the preorder dvds will be shipped in a multi-disc holder. Great if you want to keep them, a potential negative if you want to trade. It's a quibble, but it also helped tip the scales to canceling.

I might buy one or two at a later time, with Mary's 10 percent off and free shipping. I think if you want more than three or four of them it's worth it to preorder, since they will be about $22.95 after the preorder.

I will say that I have no regrets about canceling, though.
Old 07-25-11, 02:14 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass View Post
so that's 44 bucks + the sliders if I want them (I'm ok with rags) then I'm saving about 50 bucks.
That's a good way to think about it .

I’m thinking that I want at least 3 of the workouts. I don't really know because I haven't really read the descriptions very carefully. If I wait then I would pay about 69 dollars plus the 20 dollars for the gliders which would end up being what I would have paid for the presale package. On the other hand, if I wait I might not buy any of the workouts at all because I don’t think I could bring myself to pay the full price when I know that they were sold for a third of the price during the presale. I would still buy a set of gliding discs because I am looking to replace the ones I am currently using.

hummmm,
jordan
Old 07-25-11, 02:20 PM  
jordan

Hi Rose (it’s been a long time)

I don’t trade DVDs so this isn’t an issue for me. However, I would have liked the DVDs packaged with individual skinny cases and fitted into a special edition sleeve.

Maybe if I start shredding some of my old DVDs then I wouldn’t feel so guilty about having so many . I’m not any closer to making a decision. I can say that even though I’ve accumulated a lot of DVDs, I have used the majority of them more than enough times to justify their purchase (or is it purchases).

I'm happy to hear that you feel good about your decision . Now if I could come to one .

jordan
Old 07-25-11, 02:33 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Jordan, Actually all the reasons that you listed are the reasons that I placed my order a few days ago. Also, I am pretty new to Cathe so this will be a great way to try more of her stuff. So far, I'm excited about what I've seen.

Eta: I've also been selling some of my unused DVDs to not feel guilty about the purchase.......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 08:52 AM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Jordan, Actually all the reasons that you listed are the reasons that I placed my order a few days ago. Also, I am pretty new to Cathe so this will be a great way to try more of her stuff. So far, I'm excited about what I've seen.

Eta: I've also been selling some of my unused DVDs to not feel guilty about the purchase.......
I cut it close but I just preordered. I can’t say I’m sure I made the right decision (and this is a first for me when it comes to a Cathe presale). However, the price is good and it is a good time for me to give low impact a chance. I am definitely going to thin down my collection of workout DVDs to make up for bringing this set into the house. If this set doesn't work out for me than I'll have a reason to stand firm the next time. Still, I'm surprised I sat it out this long.

Thanks for listening while I thought it out,
jordan
Old 07-27-11, 10:06 AM  
magmolmacmom

I'm being strong and not pre-ordering even though I've pre-ordered almost everything Cathe has had available. I am always looking for a good bargain but I'm just not that thrilled with this set. I had to seriously ask myself how many "bargains" I've traded or sold recently and that convinced me not to pre-order.
Old 07-27-11, 10:08 AM  
bearcatfan

And here we are, the last day of the presale, and no meaningful clips.
Old 07-27-11, 10:16 AM  
Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
And here we are, the last day of the presale, and no meaningful clips.
I'm not surprised. It would have been nice though...had some good clips come out I probably would have pre-ordered. I just can't take a chance with this one like I did Shock Cardio (I only use 3 dvds out of the set - well 1 at the moment HIIT regularly). I did good not pre-ordering the last four because I only use 1 out of the 2 that I did buy. And then that "all in the same case" sort of thing turns me off too because I like to trade DVDs I don't use.

Moving on...I so cannot wait to get Afterburn in my hands. Looking forward to just this one.

Tags
cathe low impact series, cathe preorder, cathe presale