Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-11, 11:57 AM  
mtngoat

Aw, {{{Daisy}}}!

You should be so proud of what you've accomplished. You are a wonderful endorsement for BB (and hard work, and consistency, and sunny outlook, and ...).

You have gotten great advice here. Give it time. Don't look at any part of your body in any position in which gravity is not your friend - believe me, honey, that's true for all of us!

As far as practical advice, I would add to wear sun protection all the time. I am twice as old as you , and I can see every part of my body which has been exposed unprotected to the sun - it is not pretty! It's not a short-term solution, but you can moisturize at the same time, so it's win-win.

Take care of yourself - you are amazing!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 07-13-11 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typo
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 01:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i agree w/maybe you're too hard on yourself!

i'm 48 and have had given birth 3x. i lost all of the baby weight and placenta weight and the water bloating that comes w/it. youngest is 9 YO.

the only sagging skin i have is my stomach, and it will never go away. it is gross.

i think what someone said that about 8 mos later, it will resolve itself. in some cases, like pregnancy, only certain body parts will resolve. my thighs never became cellulite-ish (although they were during pregnancy) and my booty and inner thighs have never become saggy (though they were stretched out during pregnancy).

and in these YMMV cases, i think it's genetic.

i would also moisturize your skin too. it hasn't been scientifically proven to help, but somehow in my own mind, i feel as though it does! like on my knee areas.

susan powter has pubicly admitted that after her extreme weight loss, she did get a tummy tuck. she looks fabulous, though!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 01:54 PM  
jplain

Ha! At one of the yoga studios I go to, there's a mirror at the back of the room. I used to put my mat back there, because it seemed less crowded. But then I made the mistake of looking at myself in the mirror, upside down, during a down dog. Horrors! Gravity is not kind to my upside down face!!!

And OMG, I won't do yoga in a bra top anymore, no matter what the temperature, because of the deflated parachute effect in plank. One thing is for certain, *I* will never be making a core-focused exercise video. My core ain't bad, but it only looks good when I'm standing upright. Ah well, my weight loss and kids are more than worth the minor humiliation of plank parachute skin.
jplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 02:13 PM  
tigger

Daisy- I just wanted to chime in and congratulate you on your hard work and weight loss. I'm sure you look great! I'm trying to lose a good bit of weight too, and I can promise you that at 41 with three kids and thyroid problems, I look forward to California raisin skin vs. fat! You are so smart to lose the weight while you are young; I have had extra weight for almost 10 years now and have only recently gotten serious about losing (always exercised but never stayed on a diet). So, I will probably look like a shriveled up prune when I'm done. Enjoy your new smaller body and improved health and fitness; you've worked really hard to earn it!
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 02:59 PM  
daisysunshine

Tigger, thanks so much
and you too!

LOL raisins and parachutes and prunes, oh my!

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 06:30 PM  
yahoo205

congrats daisy on your success. i think genetics is a huge part of it. the second biggest part is age, and you are young. from what i've read it could take months (1-2 years even) for the skin to readjust.

the most important things are to lose weight slowly, NOT gain it back (i'm personally guilty of this), and generally support the skin. i agree with body brushing, good moisturizing internally/externally (oils and good nutrition).

i'm always amazed when people lose alot of weight and their skin looks great.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loose skin, weight loss