Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-11, 10:18 AM  
JessicaW

I have been working out solely to the Bar Method's Dancer's Body every day this week because I needed a break from Meta Hip. It does get easier the more you do it! And I already see some flattening of the belly area. But it is hard and at times my muscles are shaking like crazy and screaming out to stop! Not to hijack this thread, but I have been curious how this workout compares to the P57 workouts. I have those workouts as well but they seem to have a dread factor for me. But now that I have mastered Dancer's Body, maybe they will seem easier? Opinions?
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 10:47 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Someday I should combine Designer Sculpt, Fat Free, the Lotte Berks, Classical Stretch, and Cindy Crawford. That would be heaven
That does sound great, Emily but why someday? Why not now?!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 10:59 AM  
spearrmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
The best results I ever got from working out was when I rotated the original two Bar Methods (Designer Sculpting & Fat Free) with the Lotte Berk workouts (though this could be because it was the first time in my life that I was doing barre workouts instead of Firm's). I love the Bar Method. I would do it any day over P57 or the faster paced barres. They are almost like yoga for me.

I still haven't bought the two newest ones. I need to read reviews on them.

Emily
I just started doing BM & bought the two newest ones, Super Sculpting I & II. I really like them as well. I find no dread factor, I struggle on some moves & know I still have room to go harder by lifting higher on my toes & not using a pillow in core work but I feel my legs, booty & abs are worked so well afterwards without any impact. I've been doing BM 3 times a week for 5-6 weeks. I'm hoping to get DB one of these days but I have a Fear Factor of it from posts here. I would also love to get a couple of the older BM to add to my collection for more variety.

I saw on Collage the new Booty Barre plus Abs & Arms that looks really good. Thinking about trying that as a little variation. I also have Squeeze 30 day Body Transformation, Core Fusion Body Sculpt & 3 Lotte Berks that I could use.
spearrmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 10:59 AM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
That does sound great, Emily but why someday? Why not now?!
I actually am doing something sort of similar right now, minus the Cindy Crawford. I do a Classical Stretch episode each morning, followed by 20-25 minutes of barre work. Maybe I'll start doing Cindy on Wednesdays to break up the week. Thanks for the little push Gina

Emily

ETA - Spearrmint, thank you for your thoughts on Super Sculping I & II

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 11:03 AM  
ruthular

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who gravitated toward tbm! Whenever I really don't want to workout I reach for DS or FF. I realize that those two videos have been in my collection forever and are still the ones I reach for. I also love CYB. I traded Accelerated for some reason but think I'll have to re-aquire it. I have DB but it is just too hard for me. I find that I get a better workout when I can give the whole thing my all. When it's too hard it's as if I'm always holding back so that I'll have the strength for what's coming up.
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 11:17 AM  
SpiritSong

I am at one of those "I have enough" stages in video purchasing, but the one exception is I still want to buy Change Your Body and the Accelerated Workout. DH and I watching our spending (finally), so I'll have to wait for a month when I don't have a bunch of other expenses. In the meantime, I will lust for them.
Old 06-16-11, 01:20 PM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW View Post
I have been working out solely to the Bar Method's Dancer's Body every day this week because I needed a break from Meta Hip. It does get easier the more you do it! And I already see some flattening of the belly area. But it is hard and at times my muscles are shaking like crazy and screaming out to stop! Not to hijack this thread, but I have been curious how this workout compares to the P57 workouts. I have those workouts as well but they seem to have a dread factor for me. But now that I have mastered Dancer's Body, maybe they will seem easier? Opinions?
I loved Dancer's Body when it first came out and did it about 4-5x/week for several weeks. I was really loyal to it and I think it made me much stronger! I moved on to P57 Volume 2 after that and I do think that I acquired enough strength from DB that it made the P57 workouts very do-able for me. I will say, though, that TBM and P57 have very different styles and use the muscles very differently. DB is small, isometric pulsing movements while P57 relies on larger ROM-type movements so I don't know if "practicing" with one will really help performance during the other.

I will add that, in my own experience, after doing P57 exclusively for a couple of months and THEN going BACK to DB, I found DB to be incredibly hard all over again. My muscles, I guess, were surprised by the more concentrated and focused style!
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 01:44 PM  
JessicaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb8985 View Post
I loved Dancer's Body when it first came out and did it about 4-5x/week for several weeks. I was really loyal to it and I think it made me much stronger! I moved on to P57 Volume 2 after that and I do think that I acquired enough strength from DB that it made the P57 workouts very do-able for me. I will say, though, that TBM and P57 have very different styles and use the muscles very differently. DB is small, isometric pulsing movements while P57 relies on larger ROM-type movements so I don't know if "practicing" with one will really help performance during the other.

I will add that, in my own experience, after doing P57 exclusively for a couple of months and THEN going BACK to DB, I found DB to be incredibly hard all over again. My muscles, I guess, were surprised by the more concentrated and focused style!

Thanks for the information! That is very helpful to me. If you had to pick just one, which would you say is a more difficult workout in general-DB or P57?
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 01:54 PM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW View Post
Thanks for the information! That is very helpful to me. If you had to pick just one, which would you say is a more difficult workout in general-DB or P57?
I think, in general, P57 *feels* harder because it moves faster and therefore (for me at least) is more demanding on the muscles and even promotes a cardio effect. So, generally speaking, I think I find P57 to be slightly harder, but not by all that much. DB is a really tough workout and gets harder the more you do it, the more you focus, and the more you perfect your form.

If you like fast-paced barre, you should definitely get P57

I'm glad that you are loving Dancer's Body. That is one of my all-time faves and I love Marnie!
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 02:15 PM  
cristinalatina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Cristina, I'm sure she's referring to Super Sculpting I and Super Sculpting II. They are the two newest BMs. This page has clips:
http://www.barmethod.com/dvds/descri...clips.html#ss1
Why oh why did you tell me this???

Now I want these too! I had no idea!!!

Tags
bar method, barre, joey decker, tbm, tbm beginner's workout, the bar method