Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-11, 05:45 PM  
RachelleS

Flood packing - what workouts for small space?

We are clearing out our house in flood preperation that will last until July/August. I brought up all my workouts to our first floor thinking I would be able to keep them there but now the news is getting worse and we may be living in a camper all summer - so I need suggestions for workouts that are good for my small office space or camper and my mind is going blank. Ellen for sure, I'm going to keep my KCM's although I don't know if they will work very well . . . I just can't think!

Thanks, Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 05:52 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelleS View Post
We are clearing out our house in flood preperation that will last until July/August. I brought up all my workouts to our first floor thinking I would be able to keep them there but now the news is getting worse and we may be living in a camper all summer - so I need suggestions for workouts that are good for my small office space or camper and my mind is going blank. Ellen for sure, I'm going to keep my KCM's although I don't know if they will work very well . . . I just can't think!

Thanks, Rachelle
CLX
SP90 (modifying a few exercises)
P57
TF if you just modify the moves to stay in place
Classical Stretch
I'm trying to think through the workouts I know you have. Train Like a Contender and Splits don't take too much space.

This stinks Rachelle! Sorry my check-in friend!
Old 05-29-11, 07:37 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Rachelle, we just rode the Empire Builder (train BTW) through northern North Dakota...the flooding there and in eastern Montana was heartbreaking...and scary. Water was over the tracks at one point The trip took 8 hours longer mainly due to the flooding. And that set us back to getting home 24 hours later than planned!!!

I don't know what to tell you about your workouts, but I know you simply have to save whatever you just cannot replace. If you like yoga and have some nice stretching workouts, those might help with the stress you're going through.

My heart breaks for all who are being impacted by our wild weather and all I can wish for you all is safety. And an "ear" whenever you need to talk.
Old 05-29-11, 07:51 PM  
RachelleS

Awww Angela, thank you SO MUCH especially when you do know what I have - there were too many to list for those that don't.

Thank you so very much - I'm sorry that you didn't see our state at it's best. It really is pretty and not as flat as some think. I'm thinking that too and my husband and I are going to go around and make a list of the things we want out after the sandbagging is done and what we need to take at the last minute if we need to. The thing is is we will be living in our house for as long as we can and hopefully the whole time but a dyke can break or the numbers could go even higher of what they release from the dam - it is just all unknown. It is sad that when I look around, there is so much that really doesn't matter. I did get most of my exercise things out and our pictures and photo albums - the two very most important things. And I'm giving away almost all of my VHS workout tapes. Hopefully they will find a good home. The first floor of the house will more than likey just be hit with the humidty of the water in the basement - I don't think it will get water. But again, that is an unknown. Thanks again.

It is scary the weather everyone has been having - from Japan to Missouri to the midwest . . . the ones hit with tornadoes and their stories break my heart. We are lucky, we have a few days to prepare and we have a roof over our heads for now.

Rachelle

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 09:04 PM  
Darisa

Rachelle, my first thought was Barre workouts and CLX. I have almost every barre workout known to man so if there is any you want to borrow shoot me a PM. Keep safe ((((hugs)))
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 03:41 AM  
bearcatfan

Rachelle, I'm so sorry. This weather has been so tragic this spring.

Assuming you have everything really important accounted for and are only down to workouts to do in a worst case scenario, I would focus on workouts that can use tubing/light/no weights, especially if you are working in a camper. There might be more of those than you think ... with some modifications, most any workout can be done with tubing, for example.

My plan would be to put everything in a binder, leaving the cases behind. That way when things return to normal, rebuilding your collection is one less thing to do. When my basement flooded (nothing near what you are experiencing, though) I left a few things behind that I wish I hadn't, like my Fluidity bar. It didn't survive but I did bring all my weights and dvds upstairs. And while I didn't feel like looking at a dvd for about a week, once I was emotionally back to normal I was glad I still had everything.
Old 05-30-11, 06:50 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Oh, Rachelle, I have seen your beautiful state several times and it is far more interesting than people realize At least this year it is very, VERY green

Tags
small space