Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-11, 03:41 PM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

Buying Frenzy -- Need Professional Help

So here's what I've purchased in the last two months:

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis (have done once)
Tracy Mat Workout
Tracy 30 Day Method
Zumba Fitness (done once)
Jackie Warner Timesaver (just arrived)
Xtend (just arrived)
Ilaria Bodystrike (just arrived)
Skogg System (on way)
Turbofire (on way)
Bar Method II presales (both)

Holy. Toledo.

I need to stop myself and have come here to confess, be absolved and be held accountable for any further damage to my bank account.

Help me.

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 03:47 PM  
Cassy

I like to try a workout and if I have no desire to do it again after the second time I trade or sell it right away. I pretty much can tell if I like something enough to do it again. So that way I keep my myself from spending too much. You have some pretty popular systems there. Try those and trade some of the ones you don't like before buying more Otherwise by now I could have spent easily over $1000 on workouts based on reading comments of what people like on this site.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 03:54 PM  
RedPanda

Michelle - you've had some good advice already, but it's never too late to join the No, Slow, Wise Buying Challenge.

Although it's not going very well at the moment. As I'm the one who started the challenge this year, I thought I'd hold myself extra-accountable, but now I've become obsessed with kettle bells, and we all know how that goes...
Old 04-09-11, 04:00 PM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

Cassy and Red Panda,

It's good to hear that I am not the only one. And you're right -- I don't need to keep them all.

Can't wait for the kettlebells. For some reason they finally got their hooks into me. I saw the Kettleworx infomercial and it looked good but upon investigation wasn't what I wanted. The Skogg system looks promising.

I will be joining your challenge Red Panda. What a great idea.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-09-11, 04:01 PM  
sunnyside

I'm guilty too. In fact the mail lady just dropped off xtend barre and booty barre while I was reading your post!!
sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 04:07 PM  
laurajhawk

Michelle, I guess what I'd say is - those purchases are not only numerous, but kind of all over the map. If you're not careful, you're actually going to make it harder for yourself to work out consistently or progress toward your goals, because if you stick to any one system or plan you'll feel distracted by all the other ones just sitting there, and if you try to use them all you'll just get confused.

So my suggestion would be to either trade some away as Cassy suggested, or pick a rotation (could be a combo rotation, maybe TA or barre plus kettlebells) and give yourself permission to leave the other new stuff on a shelf for a few weeks or months. And don't buy any more for awhile.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 04:18 PM  
Cassy

I really love kb's so you'll enjoy those. Plus the workouts are so easy to trade away later. Another thing I was able to do this year was temp trade. Someone was nice enough to let me temp trade CLX and I'm so glad because it didn't click of me, so I saved myself there. So don't be afraid to temp trade one of your programs for another if you feel the urge to buy more later (hello new rebounding threads and Asylum I'm talking to you)

But I agree it gets to be like an addiction!
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 04:24 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
I'm guilty too. In fact the mail lady just dropped off xtend barre and booty barre while I was reading your post!!
Bwah-hah-hah! I'm loving the irony!
Old 04-09-11, 04:35 PM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post

Cracking up!

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-09-11, 04:44 PM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
So here's what I've purchased in the last two months:

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis (have done once)
Tracy Mat Workout
Tracy 30 Day Method
Zumba Fitness (done once)
Jackie Warner Timesaver (just arrived)
Xtend (just arrived)
Ilaria Bodystrike (just arrived)
Skogg System (on way)
Turbofire (on way)
Bar Method II presales (both)

Holy. Toledo.

I need to stop myself and have come here to confess, be absolved and be held accountable for any further damage to my bank account.

Help me.
I confess I have had the same addiction. I went for like a month or so of not buying anything.. then I went on a buying spree that made my CC smoke. The GOOD thing is, now that all that is gonna be at your home, you (hopefully) won't buy anything else for a while!
Since my spending spree, and all these new workouts are at my house, I see something else i want, and i put it on my wishlist for later. I now know I have enough to keep me busy, so I don't need the next thing.
But I will also say that most of what you have on your list has been on my spree this last few months, or on my wishlist
(unfortunately, I didn't think bodystrike was worth it, but I'll keep it around just in case! but everything else.. oh yea...)
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no buy, vidiocy recovery