Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-11, 01:43 PM  
cpcathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunatural View Post
My favorite yoga instructor is Al Bingham from the Yoga Zone series. He always injects a little humor into the workout and I just love his voice. His delivery is very down to earth and I generally like the slower pace of the Yoga Zone series. I also like that the poses are held long enough for me to actually feel the stretch.
I like Al Bingham too! He's gentle but not that "creepy" gentle; he does use a little humor, telling you how yoga is not a competition, and urges you to relax just when you might be pushing too hard (how does he know?). And he wears shorts and not anything crazy tight, which I don't care for.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 01:59 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

How can I possibly choose!

Let's see, my top seven instructors are Tilak Pyle (what a surprise eh?), Shiva Rea, Erich Schiffmann, Ana Forrest, Rodney Yee, Suzanne Deason and Patricia Walden. By process of elimination, due to some physical issues the last couple of years, I can pare that down to Yee and Schiffmann. I used to really like John Friend but he's just too darn chatty and shiney and blossomy.

Schiffmann because he has made yoga possible for me within the confines of my limitations and because he is an altogether yummy guy with a wonderful voice and a truly yogic demeanor.

Yee because yoga practices that are not labeled "power" are still accessible to me, because of his Iyengar approach, and because he has offerings that fit within a busy schedule. And he's easy on my eyes.

I have to give my current favorite vote to Yee because of his shorter offerings. Even though Erich's media is well chaptered, I'm just on a Yee kick lately. It's really a fickle "current favorite" with Erich still being number one of all time, if that makes any sense.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 02:24 PM  
andtckrtoo

My favorite is Eoin Finn because he has cured my sciatic nerve pain. His Happy Hips and Tragically Hips sections keep my sciatic nerve pain at bay. It's wonderful knowing that the minute I feel a twinge, I just do one of his practices and I'm right as rain again. He has also reached out to me personally via Facebook regarding this, and we've had some great discussions. Very nice guy and he knows his hips. I'm also really enjoying Blissology right now - the whole practice.

I like Yee, too - I like his style, I just wish he would wear different shorts. It can be distracting.
andtckrtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 02:36 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm doing nothing but Eoin and Erich these days (because I'm doing Blissology, and I do Erich's Beginners practice once a week), and I could probably be happy with those two indefinitely, so they're my favorites today. ...Though I'm quite fond of Yee, and Swenson, and Forrest, and Ravi and Ana, and Maya, and Nirvair, and Tilak, ... and oh, I'm going to throw in a word for Kristen Eykel ... I am loving her 12-minute Yoga Emergencies. Straightforward but unusual, with a kundalini flavor, and they WORK.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 03:02 PM  
Dabbadooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbaby View Post
For yoga instruction or something else?
I would choose Sadie Nardini.
LMAO....if I told you some of the thoughts I've had about him while practicing, it would make you blush!
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 03:42 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Impossible to pick one!

So I'm giving two:

Ravi and Ana - kundalini
Kate Potter - Namaste

If someone held a gun to my head to choose, I guess I'd pick Ravi and Ana.
Old 01-19-11, 04:34 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Tilak, of course.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 04:45 PM  
PhyllisG

Kate Potter Namaste Yoga
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 04:48 PM  
sherry7899

Phyllis, did you buy the new Kate Potter dvd? I'm still curious about it

Thanks!
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 04:58 PM  
tigerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
LMAO....if I told you some of the thoughts I've had about him while practicing, it would make you blush!
ROFL! I can imagine! I've had my own fair share of "random" thoughts while practicing with him as well.

Tags
alan finger, favorite instructors, favorites, yoga