Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-11, 05:39 PM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
On the other hand, the participants demonstrate beautiful form (except mostly for one woman in the Classic workout)
Snort! I'm so glad you said that - I know exactly which one you mean. Every time I do P57 Classic I think "Why did they put her in this? Did she have good form in class but then had a nasty blow to the head on the way to the shoot and lost it all??".

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 05:44 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

P57 doesn't have a ton of form pointers. I think they do assume that you have a basic knowledge. I went to a class at their studio before the first set came out (about 2-3 months before) so I got the live instruction.
P57 is my favorite barre "brand."

And yes. You can mix with traditional cardio and weights, and AWT. I do.

I would also wait to be sure I like it before spending more money. It doesn't click with everyone.
Old 01-04-11, 06:24 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gancho Girl View Post
Snort! I'm so glad you said that - I know exactly which one you mean. Every time I do P57 Classic I think "Why did they put her in this? Did she have good form in class but then had a nasty blow to the head on the way to the shoot and lost it all??".
It's because "She's a real person! Just like you!!!"
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 07:17 PM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
It's because "She's a real person! Just like you!!!"
Well, as a real person, I really hope my form is better than hers. It can't possibly be that bad, can it??

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 07:30 PM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
If you already have Fluidity I think it is sufficient to learn basic form. Then you can take it up a notch with Erica (she's advanced, you know )
What?? Erica is advanced?? You would think they would mention that during the workouts.

And just who is Winter looking at during the workouts? Is there someone with a gun offstage forcing her to do the beginner modifications??
Old 01-04-11, 07:47 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsong View Post
what?? Erica is advanced?? You would think they would mention that during the workouts.

And just who is winter looking at during the workouts? Is there someone with a gun offstage forcing her to do the beginner modifications??
lol
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 08:18 PM  
suegy3

Would the Basics for Ballet Body be good enough to improve form?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:31 PM  
StephE

Barbara P... good idea. I may just wait like you suggested and make sure I like this type of workout. If I do (hopefully I will!!), I'll probably look into buying The Bar Method Change Your Body and/or their Beginner workout, and maybe eventually some of the other Barre workouts too.

txfitmom ~ We were posting at the same time. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Just wanted to say thanks for going into so much detail about your rotation. I will most definitely mix mine all up with lots of different workouts too, although I'm sure if I attempted your rotation it would nearly kill me! LOL! You must be one fit mama! Anyhoo... thanks again for posting your rotation. I also like how honeydew (I believe it was her) suggested maybe 3-4 days of Barre one week and 2 days the next. Sounds like I'll be good mixing things all up. I like lots of variety, as it seems many of you do too!

Thanks again to everyone!!

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:52 PM  
StephE

I forgot to mention that today I was in Target (they have lots of DVDs 2 for $9.99 by the way... see my post on Bargain board if interested) and I picked up Kathy Smith's Total Body Lift DVD. Would this one be a good one to learn form from?? It seems to get really good reviews.

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-11, 12:06 AM  
txfitmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephE View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for going into so much detail about your rotation. I will most definitely mix mine all up with lots of different workouts too, although I'm sure if I attempted your rotation it would nearly kill me! LOL! You must be one fit mama!
I am not that fit yet, just fond of fitness torture! I have a long way to go to get back to where I was over a year ago before I was pregnant with kiddo #2.

Anyway, here is a link to my full rotations calendar for the next 2 months. It is viewable only, but if anyone wants to create their own you can go to http://www.calendars.net/ and click on create free calendar to start setting up your own. WT on my calendar is my heavy weights workouts, I have not decided which ones I will include each week so I will update that each week as I go along. I may make a few changes along the way, but it gives you a better idea of how I am rotating my workouts.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barre for beginners, barre recommendations, barre rotation, joey decker