Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-10, 11:38 AM  
slysam

I like Spark's option of letting you input food and all the information it gives. But if you find that tedious, have you tried searching other users entries? It gives you that option and is really helpful for many foods and easier than entering your own.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 12:14 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I like LiveStrong's The Daily Plate best. I've tried Spark and FitDay and like things about both, but my "home" for logging (when I do it) is The Daily Plate. It's just a good fit.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 01:23 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I've been reading Ferriss's 4-Hour Body book and just finished a section that said, while people who write their food intake down lose 3X more than those who don't, those who just take a picture of their food before eating it lose even more.

There are some websites that allow you to upload the photos, if you are so inclined. I couldn't get the one he recommended (http://eat.ly) to work for me.
Old 12-28-10, 02:18 PM  
sweatmonger

Wow! Thank You! I am very happy with everyone's responses. I'm going to take a look at all of them and see which is the most user friendly for me. I also like the idea of the i-phone app. We have a touch, but I have to usually wrestle it away from DH and DS.

And I 100% agree with Sarah-lala; when I have recorded/journaled my food the extra weight comes off more easily and quickly. I think for me it eliminates a lot of mindless eating, and the fact that I have to stop and think "do I really want to record this?" Especially with Spark where it took a while to journal things. Hmmm, maybe that's their trick!

Metamorphed with TA June 2011
sweatmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 02:33 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I really like MyFitnessPal.com. It's user-friendly and free. I am planning to start fully using it on Jan 1, in quest to losing 20lbs before April 1.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitday.com, food journal, logging, sparkpeople, workout log