Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-09-10, 11:25 AM  
Sara1000

Bar Method Beginner's Workout not for wimps!

I really like this workout & Joey does a great job, but it's actually pretty intense - the only thing beginner about it IMO is the length - about 40 minutes.

I wan't crazy about the abs section but I really liked everything else.

Am I the only one doing this one?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 11:57 AM  
BurnRN

I like it too! I've been doing AW and CYB since August and was not sure about getting this beginner workout. I was pleasantly surprised that it definitely is not at all easy! Joey is good IMO. I was leary after reading the initial reviews but he's not the "over the top" to me. I think it is just different enough from CYB to justify the purchase. Glad I bought it!
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 12:19 PM  
TinaT

I feel bad, I didn't even take the shrinkwrap off of it and it's already up for trade.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 01:14 PM  
alisoncooks

Glad you liked it .
I think it is a good workout! Here's what I put in another thread:
Quote:
Well, I did the Joey Decker workout this morning. Verdict....?

Um, well, kind of what I said after previewing it: I think if you own Change Your Body, you don't need Beginner's workout.

However, if you find Burr too vanilla or you prefer a funkier vibe, then you'd probably prefer Beginner's.

I think it is a good workout. I prefer Burr's instruction on the ab work (definitely) and the arm work...but Joey does an exceptional job at explaining the standing glute work. I felt it like I've never felt it before. Very, very challenging! Also I think (while I enjoy the bridge segment better on CYB) Joey does a slightly better job at breaking down the form/movement.

The calf work in Beginner's was made much tougher with the addition of a balance hold at the end of all the reps (ouch!).

So, good workout. I'm still on the fence about keeping it, but if someone doesn't have CYB and wanted this newer offering, it's good, and I felt it could be quite sufficiently challenging (even for non-beginners).
and...
Quote:
I did Beginner's workout yesterday and my glutes are pleasantly sore today. Now, be advised, I am just getting back into barre workouts (only a couple of weeks now)....but I REALLY followed his form pointers on the standing glute work and I have a good soreness today.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 01:57 PM  
Richie

I'm waiting for mine to arrive (I'm in the UK). Although I have CYB and AW I've never actually got around to them so this'll be a good starting point for me I think.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar method, joey decker, tbm, the bar method