"Learn Bar Method Positions" Menu Options:

Play All Bar Method Positions
Warm-Up and Upper Body
Calves and Thighs
Seat (Standing)
Abdominals
Back-Dancing
Final Stretches

ETA: It is worth noting that Burr Leonard demonstrates the "Learn Bar Method Positions" and gives solo instruction on both dvds...
glamgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-10, 10:45 PM  
shortie

By "instruction" -- I'm talking about instruction that interrupts the workout. Some beginner DVDs have a "pause -- let me tell you what we're about to do" thing that is useful the first time, but after that just interrupts the workout and makes it sloooow -- that's what I was checking for. Instructing as you work out is fine with me --

Thanks!!!!!!!!
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-10, 10:46 PM  
psnave

Thank you so much for the previews!

How fun to be the first one on VF to see these workouts.
psnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-10, 10:49 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Woah! Joey has too much makeup on! I think he is wearing more eyeshadow than me. I really think his makeup job is badly done. It is somewhat distracting.

Additionally, from what I have seen so far he seems a little too flamboyant or cartoonish to me. It is very wierd. When he talks, I get the idea that he is opening his mouth larger than he needs to. It reminds me of watching a Jim Carrey movie. These aren't deal breakers for me, however I felt more comfortable with Marnie as a lead in the Dancers Body workout. Her lead felt genuine and energetic. So far, I am not crazy in love with Joey Decker like I was with Marnie Alton.

I think this Beginners Workout is more than just for beginners. I don't think there is any more instruction / talking than necessary. Based on preview, it looks like this workout is pretty intense. By the middle of the workout, you can see that Joey has started to sweat, but by the end of the workout his shirt is absolutely drenched. Entire workout clocks in at about 35 minutes.
Old 10-22-10, 10:53 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
By "instruction" -- I'm talking about instruction that interrupts the workout. Some beginner DVDs have a "pause -- let me tell you what we're about to do" thing that is useful the first time, but after that just interrupts the workout and makes it sloooow -- that's what I was checking for. Instructing as you work out is fine with me --

Thanks!!!!!!!!
I really don't think there is a lot of pause during instruction. Honestly, I feel like they want the viewer to "learn" the moves by watching Burr demonstrate them in the "Learn Bar Method Positions" menu. The instruction that Joey and Marnie both give may take a few seconds to set up the position, but while you are getting into position they are saying things like, "Can you go an inch lower?" and describing which muscles this particular exercise or stance will work. Personally, I didn't feel like much time was wasted at all. Hope that helps!
Old 10-22-10, 11:03 PM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie kat View Post
rats! I logged on hoping there would be some news or a review...
ETA: I'm sorry glamgal, I now see we posted at the exact same time...

Thanks for posting about Dancer's Body!

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-10, 11:05 PM  
shortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
I really don't think there is a lot of pause during instruction. Honestly, I feel like they want the viewer to "learn" the moves by watching Burr demonstrate them in the "Learn Bar Method Positions" menu. The instruction that Joey and Marnie both give may take a few seconds to set up the position, but while you are getting into position they are saying things like, "Can you go an inch lower?" and describing which muscles this particular exercise or stance will work. Personally, I didn't feel like much time was wasted at all. Hope that helps!
Thanks! I love DVDs that include separate tutorials --

But, your description of Joey definitely has me skeeved out -- I may have to hold out for clips!!!!
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-10, 11:09 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
Thanks! I love DVDs that include separate tutorials --

But, your description of Joey definitely has me skeeved out -- I may have to hold out for clips!!!!
Yeah, I am a little afraid of Joey. If you are questioning whether or not to purchase Beginner Workout, I would definitely wait for clips to get a feel for the instructors. I might have ordered only Dancers Body had I seen clips beforehand. Especially considering there was not discount for buying multiple dvds (like with Change Your Body and Accelarated Workout).

If I had to choose between Beginner and Dancers Body, I definitely say go for Dancers Body!
Old 10-22-10, 11:26 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Many thanks, glamgal!!

So far I'm glad I ordered both. Dancer's Body sounds wonderful. As for Beginners, bring it on -- I'm not afraid of a guy in makeup! A 35-minute barre workout that's capable of inducing thigh shake sounds exactly what I need! Yippeee!

AND I'm looking forward to Burr's 2 advanced workouts coming early in the new year!

ETA - Glamgal, what's the music like?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-10, 11:39 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Many thanks, glamgal!!

ETA - Glamgal, what's the music like?
For most of the workout, it is electronic beats. For stretching, the music slows down...reminds me of instrumental elevator music. Nothing to write home about, but also not dreadful either.

Tags
bar method, joey decker