Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-10, 12:12 PM  
hannah

I think I'm in the medium range of sweat-ers; I get kinda damp, but no dripping or puddling. The other day when I was doing Butts and Guts a single bead of sweat ran down my face--I didn't realize what it was at first cuz it had never happened before. When I did notice it, I was pretty proud of myself. Anyway, my best friend doesn't sweat at all, ever, so I'm absolutely sure there's a genetic component.
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 12:45 PM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

I don't sweat a huge amount when I exercise indoors, but when I run outside in Florida, I'm just amazed at how much I sweat. I go out before the sun comes up but with the humidity (and soon) the high temperatures, it's just awful. On the other hand, when I run outside and it's below freezing, I barely sweat at all.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 12:58 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Profusely. And quickly. I can't get through a warm up before it starts.

I've always done so, but it's worse now that my workout room is over the garage. It gets quite toasty up there in the summer. Last year, I was doing a three hour Spinerval, had the fan on high and blowing right on me, was wearing a rolled up bandana as a sweat-band (always have one on), and still whenever I would let my head drop forward, rivers of sweat were dripping off my head. I actually thought there was a leak in the ceiling. When I got off the bike and started walking, my socks were making a squishing noise. I felt a drip on my leg and thought it was my hair, so I pulled my hair around to the front but I could still feel the drip. Turns out it was my top. A steady drip, drip, drip.

Can you imagine how much I would have been sweating if I had been outside?
Old 04-08-10, 01:01 PM  
dbclark44

You know when I first started working out, I didn't sweat. But one day I sat in the suana and ever since I work up a good sweat when I work out hard. It's like the suana opend/released my pores or sweat glands. I don't know. But it did something to start me sweating. Isn't that wierd?

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 01:05 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

don't forget the joy of sweating so much you steam up your eyeglasses!
Old 04-08-10, 01:08 PM  
imhere2dance

Some workouts have me soaking wet by the end. I usually sweat only a tiny bit during short, easy workouts (like a 1 mile walk, for example).
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 01:13 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Not so much. I work out with my sister and she's always telling me how sweaty she is during the workout. I can't figure out how this can be. I am not doggin it. I do get sllightly sweaty, but I would never say dripping wet. More like a little moist. I can't even put a fan on until after the warm up usually because I am cold.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 01:21 PM  
moviegrl1737

I would say I get tacky, except in the face where the sweat rolls off. From the neck up I am a sweathog.
Insanity Grad
Half Marathon Finisher

"What you do today is important because you are trading a day of your life for it." - Unknown
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 01:21 PM  
fitmom24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraKate View Post
don't forget the joy of sweating so much you steam up your eyeglasses!
This is such a pain! When I try to wipe them clean they smudge. Gross!

I sweat a lot when doing higher intensity workouts. That would be Cathe cardio, Jillian's older workouts, Patrick's 24 series, etc. I don't break a sweat or even breathe hard while doing something like a Leslie workkout.

Oh, even the roots of my hair and my bangs are damp after a tough workout.

Michelle
fitmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 01:23 PM  
Hej

My 6 y.o. says I look like I took a shower with my clothes on after hard cardio, but I hardly sweat at all during weight workouts no matter how hard I'm working. It's really strange.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fast twitch, slow twitch, sweat