Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-10, 04:33 PM  
acescholar

Hmm, define "no more buying"! I do have a birthday coming up....

I am in line with the spirit of this group! I've really slowed down my buying in the last few months (and upped my trading). I got to the point where I realized the amount of new workouts I was buying was getting to be ridiculous. I mostly do the same 12-20 workouts over and over. A little newness now and then is great and exciting, but a huge pile of sealed workouts (which I have) is wasteful.

I've been disciplining myself not to buy things right when they first come out, and that's made a huge difference! I have found that many times I either get a trade (I love the vf exchange!) for what I want or reviews come out that change my mind and I no longer want what seemed "necessary" in the moment.

I still think workout dvds are a wonderful thing. But, I'm glad to have support in waiting for the truly wonderful for my needs rather than going for everything!

So, thanks for starting this thread/group!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 04:44 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
I cannot tell a lie I would LOVE to join but not sure if I can keep the commitment required I have simplified my program and am now doing almost all Leslie for cardio but,truthfully, if she comes out with another workout, yep, I'll buy it,I know I will
I have cut down,I can say that much, but not buy anymore for a specified period of time? Yikes, the thought of that scares me but I totally respect and support those of you strong enough to do this

Judy
LOL!

You could place yourself on a no buying challenge for a week then once you pass a week without buying a workout, you could extend it. Remember the workout will always be there. It's not like it's a limited edition. You can do it!!
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 04:50 PM  
kali1

Time for a group hug....
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 05:05 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I'm in! In 2010, I've only spent $15 + tax on Barry's set from Marshall's. That's it and holding steady.
DH gave me a 2010 budget. I have $ 2960.22 and hope to let it stay that way thru December.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 05:06 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
If you feel you might be caving on a DVD...come here and talk about it first...perhaps we can help each other curb our spending!
In the past that suggestion has only led to me buying.

I'm not officially not-buying, but I try to keep the total within what I've sold. I have a little slush fund that I'm keeping track of and deducting my purchases from. It has to last me a while!
Old 03-21-10, 05:10 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Red face Is this why you have that sig line, Kali????

You know, "Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint."

Okay, I've run as mad as I could (well spent as madly), haven't fainted yet (but then I haven't counted all the dvd's and tapes I have)...I can say nothing is in plastic anymore and I think I've done every single one I have. But still, like everyone else, I only do a relative handful. Many sit there, like poor wallflowers at the dance No reason for such an excess. Not even in the name of all of them being worthy workouts.

Besides, I am trying to pay off the CCs (nuts, Mary is so good at taking Paypal!!!) and start paying down our mortgage so we can retire someday....

Okay, takes a deep breath...I'm in. Should we make this a check-in???? Some of us really, really, REALLY need the support...
Old 03-21-10, 05:11 PM  
sherry7899

Mizcah, I wish I had your budget

I don't do well with the "no buying"...I need more of a "stick to a budget" or "talk me out of this, do I really need it" group The "no buying" kind of backfires on me.

I wish everyone good luck, and maybe I will end up joining.

Thanks!
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 05:12 PM  
bearcatfan

In the past there has been a "no/slow/wise buying challenge" checkin that usually died a slow death after a while.
Old 03-21-10, 05:34 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
... Many (DVD workouts) sit there, like poor wallflowers at the dance ...
One vidiot told me they were her "decorator" DVD's!
Old 03-21-10, 05:47 PM  
alisoncooks

I have no idea how you guys have so many wrapped virgins! The minute I get a new dvd, I pull the plastic off and have a little preview party! That's part of the fun! Then I do it within a day or 2 (rotations be screwed!) So all of mine have been done at least once (now beyond that, I can't guarantee anything )
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark side, enabling, fell off the wagon, mind control, resolutions, spending, vidiocy, vidiot's anonymous code, you know you want it