Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-09, 08:07 AM  
fitsister

These look very interesting - it definitely would be great for maintenance. I bought his book 5 years ago but got tired of following a written routine. I bought Powerfit because of the same 20 min short routine sell and I've barely used it. I'm going to wait for reviews about the actual workouts before I jump on the bandwagon.

oops - double post
fitsister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-09, 10:49 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Here's a link to the program that aired last night on QVC. They sold out of the program pretty fast. I think I'll wait for the reviews before I consider buying.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...-DVD-Meal-Plan
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 05:48 AM  
Imlosingit!
VF Supporter

Should receive these today with any luck at all. UPS tracking says there here and I would think they'd deliver them today or tomorrow. Excited to see what kind of workouts these are because I need quick ones for early morning workout before work. I'll let you know what I think when I've had a chance to actually do the workouts!!

Leslie
Imlosingit! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 03:07 PM  
Fit Kitty

I'd like to know more about 5 Factor Fitness. This set has been on the The Shopping Channel in Canada this weekend and looks interesting. Leslie (or anyone else who has received), can you tell me what the workouts are like. Looks like the background exercisers are Madison (not sure of her last name but she's been in lots of workouts) and Terry Anne Krefting.

Thanks!
Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 05:12 PM  
flower22

I have the DVDS - but have only done the first 3 day's workouts. They're very basic - 3 sets of 3 different exercises each day. Each workout starts and ends with 5 minutes of cardio. There's no stretching at the end. I've always liked Harley, ever since I saw him on The Right Fit, so I enjoyed them. You're correct, Madison (from the Barry's Bootcamp DVDS) is one of the background exercisers. She does the workout using a bar. If you go to QVC.com you can read the reviews - they're mostly positive.
flower22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 06:22 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Can someone who has these do a breakdown? I am interested in the dvd's and meal plan. Some one also mentioned a new cookbook? Thanks
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 07:09 PM  
Imlosingit!
VF Supporter

Day 1 works shoulders, quads, and upper abs. There's a 5 minute warm up consisting of walking/marching in place, progressing to jogging in place, jumping jacks, elbow to opposite knee up, then repeat the sequence. After the warm up, there's 3 circuits of 25 reps each shoulder presses, squats, and crunches. End with cardio same moves as the warm up just more intense and a skater's move - 2 circuits of the cardio at the end.

Day 2 is 5 minute warm up followed by 3 circuits of 25 reps each bent over row, stiff legged deadlift and side bends. End with cardio same moves as the warm up and add a mountain climber move (hands and feet on floor, butt in the air and pull knee to chest alternating knees).

Day 3 same 5 minute warm up followed by 3 circuits of 25 reps each bicep curl, lying dumbbell tricep extension, and lower body crunch. End with cardio and add on a cross over punch boxing move.

Day 4 same 5 minute warm up followed by 3 circuits of 25 reps each shoulder raises, lunges, seated core twist. End with usual cardio.

Day 5 cardio warm up and all 3 circuits with 25 reps each performed laying down on mat, or on a ball or bench. Chest, lat muscles and upper & lower abs are the focus with dumbbell flies, rib cage pullover, and double crunch. End with cardio.

I haven't received the book yet detailing the eating plan but I did purchase his 1st book on Ebay rather cheaply. It's called "5-Factor Fitness". Just do a search on Ebay for Harley Pasternak and you should see it. I would recommend getting the book. I like the dvds except there's no cool down or stretch but I just add on my own stretches or do another stretch dvd afterwards. The production quality is great and the packaging of the dvds is very nice including a journal to track your progress. The plan calls for 5 weeks of repeating exercises with higher weights each week and lower reps.

I'm glad I bought the set and plan on keeping it but I'm not sure I'll follow the program to the T just yet because I have so many new workouts to try before committing to a program.
Old 10-11-09, 07:37 PM  
fitsister

Imlosingit - thanks for the review - I'm very interested in this as a maintenance workout. Not going to get yet because I have two months of Action Hero Babe planned already. I'd love to hear your impressions once you've done it for a while.

Margo

CLX Graduate
fitsister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 06:23 AM  
Fit Kitty

Hi, Leslie - Thanks for the great review and breakdown. I have some birthday money and just might cave. Thanks!

Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 07:48 AM  
Imlosingit!
VF Supporter

Just wanted to add I like Harley!! He's not over the top; I like his demeanor! He's very motivating to me and easy on the eyes also! Not that any of this has anything to do with the workout itself but it's not a turnoff factor either!!

Tags
harley pasternak