Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 07-27-09, 11:43 AM  
DBW

The Danskin corporate office told me that they don't make Danskin Now. I called them when I was trying to track down some tights for a recital and I couldn't find them in Walmart stores.
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-09, 02:45 PM  
Tonia682

I bought 2 of the Danskin exercise skorts last summer from wal-mart and they have held up quite well!
Tonia682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-09, 07:47 PM  
steakhousegirl

It sounds like Danskin Now at Walmart is a division of Danskin. This is from their website.

About Danskin NOW

Danskin Now, a sub-brand of Danskin, has been sold exclusively at Wal-Mart since 2004. The Danskin brand, which is sold at better department and specialty stores, has a 127 year old heritage and was developed in 1882 to provide quality products to support healthy living and an active lifestyle for both women and their family. Using Danskin’s 127 year commitment to style, innovation, and performance, Danskin Now has grown into a key active brand at Wal-Mart.

With premium products, Danskin Now offers a mix of function, comfort, style and value so that women and girls are equipped for their day-to-day activities. The Wal-Mart assortment includes apparel, footwear, fitness equipment, and accessories for both women and girls as well as a selection of traditional dance items for girls.

In 2008 Danskin Now partnered with Gabby Reece, fitness and wellness expert, author and mom, the ideal brand ambassador living the Danskin Now lifestyle.

For updates & more information on

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 10:11 AM  
cmarsh4

I just bought 2 Danskin Now seamless sport bra's at Walmart for $10.00 for the two. I wore one through a cycling workout yesterday and loved it. The colors are very cute. I dont need a lot of support though so I dont know how they would be for you that need a lot of support. I cant beat that price for a seamless sports bra though.

Chris
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 01:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Chris! I wasn't really looking at the sports bras though--more the shorts and capris. (If I was, though, I'd be like you--not a lot of support needed! )

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 01:46 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I just returned from outlet-shopping central (the Rehoboth/Lewes area of Delaware). I wanted to get a pair of shorts, so I hit the Reebok outlet since I had a 40% off coupon. The shorts I saw there had no pockets, seemed cheaply made, and cost nearly $20 even after the discount. Then I went to Walmart and ended up getting the Danskin Now shorts which cost much less AND had pockets. I've gotten active wear at Walmart before and have been happy with it for the price, although I have to watch for holes sprouting up in seams (Kohl's active wear seems to be the most durable in my experience).

I'd just assumed some company had licensed the Danskin name, the same way Everlast has licensed its name for sports bras, panties, T-shirts and other stuff at Walmart. So it's nice to know that it's actually a Danskin division.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 08:41 PM  
DeltaMan727

I’ve bought bottoms and tops and they have held up very well!! I’m VERY loyal to danskin I bought my first leotard from them 10 years ago and its still in GREAT shape.

Geoff
DeltaMan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 08:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Glad to hear all the good reports! I haven't been back in the store lately, but it's good to know that I can trust the brand the next time I see something I like.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 09:23 PM  
rubyspirit
VF Supporter

Danskin Now are good. Try them!

Bought two capris to run in a couple of months ago. No complaints. They are now my favorite running shorts.
Old 08-17-09, 10:52 PM  
steakhousegirl

I bought a cute gray/orangey Danskin Now tee shirt a few weeks ago and I love it. It looks great with jeans. I'm a spandex-aholic and my fitness clothes have moved into my day wear along with sleep wear!!!

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
danskin, leotards