Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-09, 11:05 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

I tried that exercise that is on that last link, facelifting by exercise I think it was, where the older woman holds up her eyebrow with the opposite hand and tries to close it against resistance and at the end the eyebrow is way higher than the other one.....well.....come on now, in 30 seconds you get a 1/2 inch lift to your eyebrow? NOT. The reason that her eyebrow stayed up there like that after she did the move is that she has no "spring back" in her skin, so it sat there for a few, but if you look 5 mins later, there would be no difference. Now, it is not that I would EXPECT there to be, so quickly, but the fact that she advertises it as if it IS that way makes me not trust her offering. I am going to start with the flexeffect and see where that goes. This is very different from just sitting there making faces as I had pictured it, you actually do RESISTANCE exercises against pressure to 'work' the muscles against that resistance. So much like body muscles, if you only use them the way you do every day, no change, but start using resistance and voila, you get results. Psyched I tell ya psyched!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 11:43 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

seabliss.
I love Ageless too. Have you tried flexeffect? How does it compare to Ageless? I might buy it if they are different enouugh.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 12:33 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
I do Ageless If You Dare too. Loulou, the instructor, used to do FlexEffect. In fact, her photos on the FlexEffect website show the most dramatic results. She didn't like some of the more masculine effects of the muscle building of that workout, so she created a program using what she knows to give the face a more feminine look. You can see the results of her program on her own face (as opposed to FlexEffect results) by looking at the photos on her website. She focuses on building the cheeks, because that pulls everything else up. Her program, in contrast to FlexEffect (which takes about 45 minutes a day), takes 5 minutes per day. ... Also, Ageless is really reasonably priced. When I bought it, it was about $10 for the eBook. I guess there is a video now too, but the eBook was all I ever needed.
Ack, wish I'd known all this before ordering FlexEffect!

ETA - What masculine effects is she referring to?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 12:48 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
I do Ageless If You Dare too. Loulou, the instructor, used to do FlexEffect. In fact, her photos on the FlexEffect website show the most dramatic results. She didn't like some of the more masculine effects of the muscle building of that workout, so she created a program using what she knows to give the face a more feminine look. You can see the results of her program on her own face (as opposed to FlexEffect results) by looking at the photos on her website. She focuses on building the cheeks, because that pulls everything else up. Her program, in contrast to FlexEffect (which takes about 45 minutes a day), takes 5 minutes per day. You alternate two sets of exercises every other day. I just do all the exercises every other day in about 10 minutes while I watch TV.

I've been doing Ageless since February. The tiny bit of jowling I was starting to get is completely gone, and when I tip my face down, everything stays in place. Before, the area around my mouth would fall a bit. Also, my upper cheeks are a bit fuller, which I really needed.

Like FlexEffect, Loulou's program uses resistance to actually build muscle rather than just tighten it. Also, she doesn't make you do anything that will crease up your face while you are exercising it.

Also, Ageless is really reasonably priced. When I bought it, it was about $10 for the eBook. I guess there is a video now too, but the eBook was all I ever needed.
OMG 45 mins a DAY for flexeffect. I am willing to put time in, but heck, I already have to squeeze in the workout, and sheesh, that is a LOT of time. If it worked, I guess wow, I would have to KNOW it worked. Dayum, I have now paid $70 for this system! I could have gotten the other for a $10 book and spent 5 mins a day? Guess I better get that book. I wonder if the flexeffect is returnable? LOL

ETA: Just bought the book. A bit irritated because there no actual website, and I got this LuLu place to purchase it. When you click on the lowest shipping method, you get a big warning that using this method cant be tracked and your order will not be replaced yada yada. For one thing, this tendency to use SHIPPING as a profit center for so many businesses just POs me, as there are many things I want, but will NOT play that ridiculous $14.95 shipping when it should be $2.50, and putting that big warning there makes me immediately think that they are not going to even bother sending it!

Old 07-16-09, 01:25 PM  
Keepfitgirl

RedFlame, make sure you post your results. I'm another who could be persuaded into this if someone I knew had good results. I was quite excited to read that Demeris noticed a difference in the lines around the lips, as this is my problem area.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 03:19 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Well I'm not going to be concerned about time, because if the program takes 45 mins a day then I'll break it up into 2-3 sessions. If it works, so what if it takes a bit longer to see results?

Meanwhile I MUST start fitting my Facial Workout DVD into my day.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 04:08 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:

Like FlexEffect, Loulou's program uses resistance to actually build muscle rather than just tighten it. Also, she doesn't make you do anything that will crease up your face while you are exercising it.
That's sure not what it looked like to ME! LOL! I was watching her demo of the exercises and it looks like she is pulling the heck out of her face in every direction! I'll do it, oh yes I will, but it looks more like it would stretch it more, rather than pull it in

Old 07-16-09, 05:04 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
That's sure not what it looked like to ME! LOL! I was watching her demo of the exercises and it looks like she is pulling the heck out of her face in every direction! I'll do it, oh yes I will, but it looks more like it would stretch it more, rather than pull it in
I overdid it the first time I went thru Loulou's exercises. My skin got some bruises.
Old 07-16-09, 05:08 PM  
Fitmaam

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
The only way I would believe this worked is if someone only exercised one side of their face. If I saw a big difference I'd be convinced. Same with miracle face creams.

We have all had the experience of looking in the mirror and thinking we looked one way, then seeing photos and being shocked. I'm always surprised at the poor quality of before and after photos which would make the case for the product. If they took the time and care to use the exact same lighting, makeup, pose, distance from camera, same lens, etc., then I would be more inclined to be convinced. But they don't, perhaps deliberately.
I haven't been to the Flexeffect website in awhile but there used to be a man posting there who used the program to build face muscles he lost on one side from cerebral palsy. He had very impressive before and after pics.
Old 07-16-09, 05:10 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitmaam View Post
I haven't been to the Flexeffect website in awhile but there used to be a man posting there who used the program to build face muscles he lost on one side from cerebral palsy. He had very impressive before and after pics.
Your avatar picture over at YY is proof enough that FE works.
You look so young.

Tags
facial exercises, flexeffect, loose skin