Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-09, 07:05 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Don't know about FlexEffect but I have The Facial Workout DVD - both Collage and Gilad's website sell it - but have to admit that I haven't been doing the exercises with any regularity. . I'll start, though, because I'm curious about potential results:
http://www.collagevideo.com/searchre...&search=facial
Lucky Star, I have this and have done it. It has a great deal in common with Carole Maggio's Facercise, which I did in my late 30's and into my 40's, to good effect,

BUT, losing weight and turning 50 called for more drastic measures (see Redflame's last post--I had a similar experience).

With absolutely NO CLAIM to scientific veracity, The Facial Workout and Facercise are very good at toning and conditioning the face, but if you want to build muscle and, consequently, change the shape of the facial muscles, then Flexeffects, Renga, and Facial Magic are more turbo charged.

So, depending on your age and your needs, all the programs offer something worthwhile.

Last edited by Demeris; 07-15-09 at 07:19 PM. Reason: menopause moment
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 07:12 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
With absolutely NO CLAIM to scientific veracity, The Facial Workout and Facercise are very good at toning and conditioning the face, but if you want to build muscle and, consequently, change the shape of the facial muscles, then Flexeffects, Renga, and Facial Magic are more turbo charged.
Very interesting - thanks for posting this!
Quote:
BUT, losing weight and turning 50 called for more drastic measures (see RedPanda's last post--I had a similar experience).
Oh, did RedPanda post on a similar thread? Please help direct me to it, I couldn't find it through the the Members link.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 07:18 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Very interesting - thanks for posting this! Oh, did RedPanda post on a similar thread? Please help direct me to it, I couldn't find it through the the Members link.
My mistake-Red Flame (how stupid of me--I'm gonna fix my previous post)
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 08:02 PM  
Fitmaam

I've been doing Flexeffect for years and it works! It is weight training for the face. IMO the facial massage in her book is an incredible workout in itself. Don't skip it. Have fun you will love it.
Old 07-15-09, 08:47 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I just started late last year (Ageless if You Dare by Loulou).
The link below has some threads on facial exercises:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
I also have a book authored by a lady from UK.
So far, so good. My uni-lidded Asian eyelids have shown the best improvement.

Last edited by mizach; 07-16-09 at 07:02 AM. Reason: added link
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 10:05 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
My mistake-Red Flame (how stupid of me--I'm gonna fix my previous post)
Ah, thanks for this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitmaam
I've been doing Flexeffect for years and it works! It is weight training for the face. IMO the facial massage in her book is an incredible workout in itself. Don't skip it. Have fun you will love it.
Good to know! You guys talked me into it - I ordered this set on VHS (being cheaper).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 11:05 PM  
videofit

The only way I would believe this worked is if someone only exercised one side of their face. If I saw a big difference I'd be convinced. Same with miracle face creams.

We have all had the experience of looking in the mirror and thinking we looked one way, then seeing photos and being shocked. I'm always surprised at the poor quality of before and after photos which would make the case for the product. If they took the time and care to use the exact same lighting, makeup, pose, distance from camera, same lens, etc., then I would be more inclined to be convinced. But they don't, perhaps deliberately.
Old 07-16-09, 03:52 AM  
antbuko

There are more VF testimonies in the 2009 Beauty Tips thread, beginning on page seven. I wish the posts were still numbered so I could post a link.
Old 07-16-09, 10:19 AM  
DejaDeb

I saw an infomercial on something called the Neckline Slimmer. After some research, I found the same thing at Carol Wright gifts. The price was right, so I ordered it. I've been using it for two weeks, and I think I am seeing some improvement in the area from under my chin to down to my throat. Even if it's only in my head, my self-perception is improved, and it only cost me $20!

http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/Pers...mmer/23374.cfm

It's probably the same as a lot of other facial exercises, but the spring adds resistance that's probably helpful for toning facial muscles.

I'm still gonna check out flexeffect!
Old 07-16-09, 10:55 AM  
seabliss

I do Ageless If You Dare too. Loulou, the instructor, used to do FlexEffect. In fact, her photos on the FlexEffect website show the most dramatic results. She didn't like some of the more masculine effects of the muscle building of that workout, so she created a program using what she knows to give the face a more feminine look. You can see the results of her program on her own face (as opposed to FlexEffect results) by looking at the photos on her website. She focuses on building the cheeks, because that pulls everything else up. Her program, in contrast to FlexEffect (which takes about 45 minutes a day), takes 5 minutes per day. You alternate two sets of exercises every other day. I just do all the exercises every other day in about 10 minutes while I watch TV.

I've been doing Ageless since February. The tiny bit of jowling I was starting to get is completely gone, and when I tip my face down, everything stays in place. Before, the area around my mouth would fall a bit. Also, my upper cheeks are a bit fuller, which I really needed.

Like FlexEffect, Loulou's program uses resistance to actually build muscle rather than just tighten it. Also, she doesn't make you do anything that will crease up your face while you are exercising it.

Also, Ageless is really reasonably priced. When I bought it, it was about $10 for the eBook. I guess there is a video now too, but the eBook was all I ever needed.

Tags
facial exercises, flexeffect, loose skin