Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-09, 09:28 AM  
F1mom

Count me in the loose skin club, at least for now. DH now describes my 2 week postpartum midsection as "flubbery" compared to how firm I was during pregnancy, no doubt from all the fluid retention. While the pregnancy weight is coming off in droves due to breastfeeding and the diuretic effect of blood pressure medication, I would hardly call myself "teeny tiny" and one can tell it's been about 6 months since I did any ab work.

I have less of a problem with the "loose skin" comment that I do about "pulling the muscle back to the bone" comments. I'm still trying to figure that second one out.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:44 AM  
mjs2052

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1mom View Post
i have less of a problem with the "loose skin" comment that i do about "pulling the muscle back to the bone" comments. I'm still trying to figure that second one out.
I was just thinking the same thing!

Melissa
mjs2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:51 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit View Post
Loose skin from building muscle mass?
When are we gonna stop listening to her?
Seconded!!

You know how they have that weight-loss registry? Perhaps someone should start a registry of "Women With Too Much Muscle" so researchers can find out exactly what women are doing to pack on so much lean meat in so little time.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:52 AM  
Debbie M

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I have less of a problem with the "loose skin" comment that I do about "pulling the muscle back to the bone" comments. I'm still trying to figure that second one out.
It is a TA thing!

It is all in the mighty power of the magical accessory muscles, don't you know? You obvioualy have not woken your's up yet. LOLOLOLOL

Can you imagine how much dribble will be in TA's book? I mean..think about 100 pages of TA comments? OK That was too much for me....

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:30 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kietsufit View Post
I read an article by a man that said there is no such thing...he claimed it was just fat under the skin causing it to sag and if you lost more weight the situation would be gone.
I may be wrong but I think Teresa Tapp said something similar.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:34 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

IMO you would have to be Corey Everson and then get VERY skinny to have loose skin from having had muscles and then losing them. Trust me ladies, loose skin is about two things, FIRST and foremost, SUN EXPOSURE, and then secondly AGE. The elasticity of your skin is damaged by sun, and also with age, it becomes less elastic. Young women could be muscley as heck and lose it and I would BET not suffer lose skin. I personally am definitely dealing with the loose skin issue from years of being a sun worshiper. Areas that were not exposed still spring back when pinched or pulled, the areas that were sun baked just sit there haha.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:47 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit View Post
Loose skin from building muscle mass?
When are we gonna stop listening to her?

lol! i don't listen to her.... i read these threads about her for pure entertainment (and i get bored at work and run out of other threads to read!)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:48 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

You forgot GENETICS, RedFlame! It's amazing how differently people age, including their skin.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:57 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
IMO you would have to be Corey Everson and then get VERY skinny to have loose skin from having had muscles and then losing them. Trust me ladies, loose skin is about two things, FIRST and foremost, SUN EXPOSURE, and then secondly AGE. The elasticity of your skin is damaged by sun, and also with age, it becomes less elastic. Young women could be muscley as heck and lose it and I would BET not suffer lose skin. I personally am definitely dealing with the loose skin issue from years of being a sun worshiper. Areas that were not exposed still spring back when pinched or pulled, the areas that were sun baked just sit there haha.
Double ditto on the sun exposure. That wrecks skin on many levels.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 12:05 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I really believe it is genetics. I lost weight in my 20s, about 40 lbs, not 100 lbs like some and my skin NEVER went all the way back. And in my late 40s, I'm aging much more quickly than those around me. Sucks, but I don't have 60K or even 10K for a facelift.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, loose skin, tracy anderson