Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-09, 03:02 PM  
MuscleGuy

Crunch Time with Susan Harris

I tried FitPrime Crunch Time with Susan Harris. After it was recommended by VF friends Calistro and Beth( Toaster), who seem to have similar tastes to me, and loaned to me by LuckyStar (thankyou! ), I was expecting this one to be good.

And I wasn't disappointed!

I loved this workout!

The music is really cool....from the rocking guitar-fuelled track during the one-arm rows and one-legged french press to the slow moody track during the lunges, it really was excellent.

Susan was really good as the instructor.....cueing well and getting down to business. She was out of breath during some of the workout, which shows how effective the workout is.

And she was so graceful! I certainly didn't look so graceful during the releves, but I did manage to lift the stick over my head!

The cardio was great...some of it using light weights. I did get lost a couple of times but as I do this one more, that won't be a problem.

Great moves with the usual FitPrime quirkiness. I really liked the broomstick twists with abduction while wearing ankle weights, the one-legged squats (a really hard set), and the jump off the step.

When Susan said, "Great workout" at the end, I had to agree!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQB6bbdAx4E

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 04:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Glad to hear you liked it, Adam! I think Susan does a great job; I like how she says in the beginning that it's a short workout "with everything you need."

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 04:52 PM  
MuscleGuy

Well it certainly worked me out, Beth. I was sweating and breathing hard at various times during the workout and after it!

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 08:01 PM  
suegy3

I love this workout too! Haven't done it in ages though...maybe it's time to break it out.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 08:25 PM  
kat999

You guys need to not extol the virtues of another Benson workout until my credit card recovers from the last round of stuff I ordered!

Honestly, though, Susan is fabulous. I actually have her TLT stuff on my Netflix queue coming up very soon. I can't wait.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 08:30 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Hmmmm, as much as I hate workouts with a lone instructor in a corner, it 'is' Susan Harris and it looks pretty good. I think I need to have this
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 09:01 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Yay - another hit!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 11:24 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I really like the static releve lunges too. This workout is good. Another good workout is the fusion workout of From The Ground Up and Crunch Time. Anna chose the best segments from both workouts.
Old 05-28-09, 11:39 AM  
stacy4ft9

This workout is definitely one of my favs, along with all the other original FitPrime's. They are so much tougher than the remakes.

My favorite song in that workout is when she is doing the hopscotch. Great choice in music, which is important to me!
stacy4ft9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 01:28 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy4ft9 View Post
Great choice in music, which is important to me!
That's what I like about Anna's workouts. I really enjoy the music. It was different from other workouts. I also like how the moves match the music beats. I might not like every song but in general, the music rocks!!!

Tags
anna benson, crunch time, firm, fitprime, susan harris