Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-09, 04:24 PM  
Gardengirl

I have the Danskin, and they did quit making them. I've tried and tried to find some extra weights for them. Guess I'll have to resort to regular weight plates.
Old 05-21-09, 04:38 PM  
Stephanie_B

Still have it, don't currently use it, and it still looks brand new. Just call me granny I suppose.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 05:20 PM  
PhyllisG

Yes I still have my Firm barbell and still use it. It is in perfect condition even after being used so much for such a long time. I think most weights fit the bar as I use plates that my son left here from his bar with no problem. Glad I am old enough to have been able to get one. I also still use my Firm looseleaf book with FIRM on the cover to record my workouts. I just buy plain paper. Only thing is I never do a Firm workout now.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 05:28 PM  
jhardy

I still have my firm barbell and love it. I don't do firm workouts very much, but still use my barbell periodically.
Jen
jhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 05:42 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I'm old enough to have a Firm barbell and it still looks new! I can remember when it came. The box seemed so heavy. I love that thing. I still use it.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 07:18 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Another old Firmie here. I still use mine weekly!

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 07:35 PM  
lynnf

I still have mine and it's my one and only barbell. The clamps that hold the weights, though, broke and I could never find that type to replace them. I just got clamp holders, which aren't as good. Any suggestions for replacing them with the slide on type they originally had?

You can get extra plates for them, the size of the hole is easy to find.
Lynn
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 07:52 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Still have mine and I use it. The padding has held up perfectly. One of my best fitness investments.
Old 05-21-09, 09:05 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
I still have mine and it's my one and only barbell. The clamps that hold the weights, though, broke and I could never find that type to replace them. I just got clamp holders, which aren't as good. Any suggestions for replacing them with the slide on type they originally had?

You can get extra plates for them, the size of the hole is easy to find.
Lynn
These are the ones I got to replace them when my husband threw them away accidentally http://www.bigfitness.com/1stancomquic.html

ETA: OMG I still have my Firm binder too! I never thought of using it with regular paper LOL. And my tall box....which I use daily.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 09:15 PM  
suegy3

Yup...another senior citizen checking in at the age of 40. I also have the Firm barbell and I just used it last week for Kimberly Spreen's combat workout. It's in perfect condition. I hardly ever use it but I would never sell it!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barbell, danskin, firm barbell