Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-09, 02:46 PM  
kandy

Question Anyone still have and use their FIRM Barbell?

I was using mine last weekend and I realized how much I love that thing. It is one of my top 3 fitness tools! I remember when it came out and I had to save up in order to get it. I still can't get over how perfect it is in size and shape and the 10lb. bar just floats my boat!

Anyone still have & use theirs? Anyone let it go and wish they could get it back?

Feeling nostalgic on this Thursday post American Idol Season 8 finale.....
kandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 02:51 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Kandy,

I don't have a FIRM barbell (that's awesome though! ) but I do have a Danskin one that I got from Walmart a couple of years back and I think they are very similar. I read somewhere they stopped selling the Danskin ones too so I'm glad I got mine while I could! It's foam padded and I keep about 30# on there for some leg work and arm work. It's a great piece that I use a couple times a week!

Emily
Old 05-21-09, 02:57 PM  
Nancy511

I would KILL to get my hands on a Firm barbell!!!!!!
Nancy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 03:04 PM  
bonbon

I still have and use mine! It's still in perfect condition with the foam padding intact. The FIRM logo is even still on it!! Great quallity!
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 03:05 PM  
kandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Hi Kandy,

I don't have a FIRM barbell (that's awesome though! ) but I do have a Danskin one that I got from Walmart a couple of years back and I think they are very similar. I read somewhere they stopped selling the Danskin ones too so I'm glad I got mine while I could! It's foam padded and I keep about 30# on there for some leg work and arm work. It's a great piece that I use a couple times a week!

Emily
Was this the cool one with rubber plates in different colors? I remember thinking that if I didn't have my FIRM barbell I would have ran out to buy one of those! They offered a bench too I think?
Old 05-21-09, 03:06 PM  
kandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy511 View Post
Don't feel too bad Nancy, I could be wrong but I think you have to be sorta old to have been into barbells when they were available
Old 05-21-09, 03:15 PM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy511 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy View Post
Don't feel too bad Nancy, I could be wrong but I think you have to be sorta old to have been into barbells when they were available
LOL- Thanks, I feel old as dirt now.....

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 03:53 PM  
Carol K

I'm old too and yes, I still have my Firm barbell, although I usually use dumbbells.
Old 05-21-09, 04:03 PM  
booklover
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy View Post
I got my FIRM barbell as a birthday present when I was a teenager! My parents were very good at buying me fitness stuff when I was growing up. (They even paid to have that thing shipped to Canada) I think that may have been the same year I got a set of hex dumbbells for Christmas!

I've since bought extra plates for it. I that barbell.

Corie
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 04:21 PM  
shortie

Ooh, I have mine! (From the days when I thought Janet Jones-Gretzgy was IT)

Can you still get plates for these? I'd love to be able to increase the weights and use it, especially now that I'm so burly from CLX!
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barbell, danskin, firm barbell