Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-09, 08:53 PM  
kandy

Which Yoga DVD's have Alan Finger as the Instructor?

I have Intro for beginners and out of all of my yoga workouts this is still my favorite. I just ordered Conditioning for Stress Release and I'm hoping that there are others with Alan Finger as the instructor?
kandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 10:46 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Conditioning and Stress Release is one of my all-time favorites. I hope you enjoy it!

Alan Finger also instructs Flexibility and Tone, Flexibility and Stress Release, and Meditation (all Yoga Zones). Meditation really is mostly meditation - two 30' sessions with a few asanas before each session.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 12:56 AM  
missmomus

I have C&SR, F&SR and the Meditation dvd and they're definitely some of my alltime favorite yoga dvds. Are the others different enough to warrant adding to my collection? I Alan Finger as an instructor but I never got around to trying the Intro to Yoga or Flexibility & Tone...I just figured they would be too similar to the others.

There's also a Yoga Zone Postures for Pregnancy with him instructing and featuring his (ex?) wife Greta.
missmomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 03:57 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i'm another alan fan too - he has a meditation CD set that i got from Ross's a long time ago. it's great.

i think all of the titles listed so far are the ones that feature him, and i have all of them except the pregnancy one - would a non-pregnant person like this one too?

i wish he'd make new videos! his ishta.com website doesn't list DVDs, although they sell other stuff (props, etc).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 10:16 AM  
muddjeansgal

This is timely. I just got my Yoga Zone Beginners 4 Pack from Amazon on Friday.
I am just starting to do yoga and I absolutely love the Alan Finger Intro to Yoga dvd. He is a great instructor.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 11:34 AM  
LovetoFirm

I love Flexibility and Stress Release!
LovetoFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 04:08 PM  
kandy

Thanks everyone!

I really appreciate the info. I was worried when I learned that many of them are no longer available at DeepDiscountDVD. I found them on ebay and I can't wait to get them.

With my husband's illness I am having a problem handling the stress. I am really looking forward to the meditation dvd. Thanks again everybody!
kandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alan finger, yoga zone