Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-08, 01:51 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishcurls
Thank you! I actually just viewed their old Designer Sculpting dvd (I just got in on netflix). The routine is very similar to what we do in class. I didn't like the techno beat music. In class we workout to current music, Madonna, Justin Timberlake, etc... Does anyone know how the music will be in the new dvds? I apologize for all these newbie questions, I am very late to this game!!

I'm not normally a video person but I can definitely see myself doing these based on the one viewing of the older one.
That sounds cool that they use current music during classes. Unfortunately, it costs a lot of money to use this type of music on DVDs. It would be nice if Bar Method had enough money to use better music but I wouldn't expect it. That way, you won't be disappointed if they don't but will be pleasantly surprised if they do.
Old 12-05-08, 01:53 PM  
spanishcurls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S
That sounds cool that they use current music during classes. Unfortunately, it costs a lot of money to use this type of music on DVDs. It would be nice if Bar Method had enough money to use better music but I wouldn't expect it. That way, you won't be disappointed if they don't but will be pleasantly surprised if they do.
Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about copyrights, etc.. Well, I hope they have different music than the 1st dvd. I should have asked one of the owners! Guess we will soon find out. If I find out, I'll post.
spanishcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:24 PM  
hourglass

I can't believe no one has posted this yet ...the new website is up, the dvds are for sale (at least they will be when the links work correctly)...

Joan

ETA: I just watched the clips; Change Your Body looks a lot like an updated Designer Sculpting (which I ), and Accelerated looks like Fat Free (but the description says "the pace of the class picks up..."
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:28 PM  
Pippa

Well, I'll be waiting for reviews as I don't see anything in the clips that I don't already have in Pure Barre, Squeeze, Fluidity, etc.
Old 12-05-08, 06:29 PM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hourglass
I can't believe no one has posted this yet ...the new website is up, the dvds are for sale (at least they will be when the links work correctly)...
I wish the links would work! When I click "Buy Now" nothing goes in my cart.

Here's some info on the workouts:

http://barmethod.com/dvds/dvdsales.html
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:39 PM  
spanishcurls

One of my teachers is in the video- Jen Hendricks.

I'm sad that the music isn't great. I wonder if I could do this routine while listening to my ipod?
spanishcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:43 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

I played the clips....looks a lot like the original Bar Methods. I'm thinkin' I'll wait for some reviews.
Old 12-05-08, 06:44 PM  
ruby2111

These look pretty good... has anyone checked to see if Mary would be carrying these?
ruby2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:44 PM  
Debbie M

I also cannot get the store work to link no matter how many different ways I try!

I am still waiting to see if they ship to Canada...and will be in serious tears if they do not!

Any tricks from anyone who has been able to get into the store link?

BTW: I watched the clips and they look very similar to the first 2 Bar Method DVDs (Fat Free & Designer Sculpting) although I do a couple of new moves in the Accererated Workout. I hope it truly is more advanced, but the clips don't make either (especially Change Your Body) look much different than the originals. Although I am a tad dissapointed, I like the originals, so they are still of interest to me.

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:47 PM  
Debbie M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2111
These look pretty good... has anyone checked to see if Mary would be carrying these?
Yes. I asked her.

The Bar Method told her that they were not willing to use any distributers at this point.

Mary did not say this, but IMHO they will go out to distributors after the Bar Method has had a few months to sell them exclusively.

HTH

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar method, joey decker