Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-08, 12:50 PM  
Tacobelle

I hit a mini-milestone the other day - I'm back down to the weight I was before I started dating my boyfriend

Right after we started dating, I was in great shape and finished my first marathon - that was probably my biggest milestone, especially for someone who really is probably considered a jogger at my 10 min mile pace. After that, recovery was slow and I wasn't hugely motivated to work out. Also, the exercise video / home work out equipment collection is something you have to break someone into - you should've seen him and his roommate's faces the first time I brought over handweights / resistance tubing, the Slim Series and a yoga video to his house.

I lost muscle and gained probably 8 pounds, and finally after New Years, I decided I was going to do something about it. It's taken about 6+ months to slowly get the weight off - the hardest is probably the first two months where you are building strength back up and there is no appreciable weight loss. Also, it's hard to motivate myself especially since my boyfriend never works out, but it really did start with very small workouts whenever I could - maybe 20 minutes in the morning here, 30 minutes there, oh yay, a full 60 minutes. If I was more diligent, it may have come off faster (some weeks I'd get three workouts in if I was lucky), but it's great fitting back into my old clothes properly (no muffin tops) and a little sad that the "new" clothes I had bought are too loose.

I do have to admit that I also just tried to start eating healthier as well, which I am sure makes a difference - but nothing dramatic, just not eating hot dogs and pizza as often, more water less pop, etc.

So now - I can do push-ups on my toes, do a roll-over which I've never been able to do, and I am just going to try to keep it up so I am ready for bikini season on my December vacation in Cabo! It really does feel great that I can still get results without being hardcore and beating myself up over it.
Tacobelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitday.com, success stories, successful weight loss