Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-08, 02:16 PM  
Cheryl628
VF Supporter

Question Yoga Zone

Whatever happened to them? I have some of the dvd's and really like them, but are they still around? I tried to go to their old website, but it seems to be gone. Never got the tv shows here, are they still on somewhere?

Feeling sentimental I guess......
Old 01-25-08, 02:40 PM  
Lorianne

I think you can still find them at amazon or ebay.
like you, I love Yoga Zone. the one's lead by Alan Finger! I wish he would make some new ones.
I googled him awhile ago, & read he is divorced from Greta. he looked younger & slimmer.
Lorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-08, 03:18 PM  
cpcathy

I love Yoga Zone, they started me on yoga when they had a show on some now-defunct cable health channel. I think you can get most of them on Amazon.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-08, 03:33 PM  
yoga1566

I think his divorce forced him to change things with the business, as his ex-wife was a partner in Yoga Zone. The Yoga Zone studios became Be Yoga and have since merged with Yoga Works. Apparently Alan Finger was involved with starting Yoga Works but broke off to do his own thing with Yoga Zone, so they talked about the merge as a sort of "coming home" for him. There definitely haven't been any new shows or videos from them because of all that's been going on.

I participated in teacher training at the Be Yoga studios and I love Alan (especially his accent ). His live classes are amazing and packed. At the time he was dating this super-young woman who went though the training and taught at the studio.
yoga1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-08, 03:45 PM  
Lorianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga1566
I think his divorce forced him to change things with the business, as his ex-wife was a partner in Yoga Zone. The Yoga Zone studios became Be Yoga and have since merged with Yoga Works. Apparently Alan Finger was involved with starting Yoga Works but broke off to do his own thing with Yoga Zone, so they talked about the merge as a sort of "coming home" for him. There definitely haven't been any new shows or videos from them because of all that's been going on.

I participated in teacher training at the Be Yoga studios and I love Alan (especially his accent ). His live classes are amazing and packed. At the time he was dating this super-young woman who went though the training and taught at the studio.
wow, thanks for all the info. very interesting!
Old 01-25-08, 03:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks. i am an alan finger fan myself. the last new thing i got featuring his instruction was a meditation CD set. pretty decent.

with yoga, i am so old school. alan and rodney are basically my sentimental favorites.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-08, 03:53 PM  
ssgilby

So, was it that Gretta who Alan divorced? She is in at least one of the YZ vids. I was never keen on most of them, but I love Alan! I love the YZ: Yoga for Flexibility & Stress Release and the Meditation one. Alan leads both. He is the MASTER, IMO, of "talking" you into a pose. I also have his meditation CD. I really wish he'd come out with more yoga and meditation videos and audio stuff. If anyone actually has a chance to speak to Alan, please tell him he has plenty of fans who'd love access to his great teaching on video!
Old 01-25-08, 03:58 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby
I really wish he'd come out with more yoga and meditation videos and audio stuff. If anyone actually has a chance to speak to Alan, please tell him he has plenty of fans who'd love access to his great teaching on video!
ditto - i'd like to see him come out with a meditative walking audio. there are some i am borrowing from the library regarding this.

does he have an e-mail address?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-08, 04:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Here is Alan's current web site for Ishta Yoga:
http://www.ishtayoga.com/

I guess he's not still doing DVDs, although obviously he's still teaching.

To Shelley: We're twins again--Flex & SR is my favorite YZ too!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-08, 04:52 PM  
Lorianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar

with yoga, i am so old school. alan and rodney are basically my sentimental favorites.
me too. love them both.

Tags
alan finger, yoga zone, yogaworks