Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-07, 11:49 AM  
jazzy75

I'm enjoying reading this thread as I recently purchased the UR with great intentions and vowed to ease it into my rotation once a week. But haven't really been doing so for a couple of reasons:

1) the UR workouts are only about 30 min and not intense enough to burn "enough" calories for a 30 min workout..i usually do an intense interval workout if I'm time crunched and only have 30 min

2) i often work out early in the a.m. when DH and babies are still asleep and I simply find the darn thing too loud.....does anyone else find their UR too "squeaky"??...also the reason I don't freestyle while watching TV...I wouldn't hear half of the show

perhaps I'll try to adapt a hi-lo workout and see how that goes. I can't get my head around how to use it with a step workout just yet. not so great sometimes at thinking outside the box!!
Old 10-03-07, 12:38 PM  
lindseylu8

Thanks for all the suggestions! I am looking for some Leslie w/o's to try on the UR. I also ordered a weighted vest so I am going to try that out as well. Thanks again!!!!

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 02:08 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Old 10-05-07, 12:22 PM  
bearcatfan

I was inspired to get a mini trampoline after reading this thread (and thought it might be a nice thing to have since I'm recovering from PF).

I was just watching tv and thought "oh, I should do something instead of just sitting here." I'm ashamed to say ... I lasted about 15 minutes running in place on the thing! It was MUCH harder than I thought it would be, and my legs were screaming when I was done.

Hmmm. Maybe that's a hint I need to do this more often. For those of you who just walk/jog on it, how much do you do at a time?
Old 10-05-07, 02:55 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Old 10-05-07, 03:14 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy75
2) i often work out early in the a.m. when DH and babies are still asleep and I simply find the darn thing too loud.....does anyone else find their UR too "squeaky"??...also the reason I don't freestyle while watching TV...I wouldn't hear half of the show
You can try putting vaseline on the metal parts that the spring connects to. It works really great for me, just have to reapply it every now and then.

I used WD40 with good results, too, but it smells, and somewhere I read it could weaken the fabric.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebounder friendly