Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-07, 11:34 AM  
lindseylu8

Non-rebounding vids on the rebounder?

What non-rebounding videos do you do on the rebounder? I did Kathy Smith Aerobox this morning and it worked out great! Looking for more suggetions. TIA

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-07, 12:41 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I used to do Leslie Sansone walking workouts on the rebounder, modifying moves as necessary.

Plyorobics works work well, as do other plyometrics moves (like some of those in Cathe's Kick Max).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-07, 05:31 PM  
Cher

I've done Cathe's Basic Step and also Gilad's Step Workout.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-07, 05:33 PM  
Getfit

Tae bo basics work great on the rebounder and I also enjoy Powerstrike 4 on the rebounder.
Getfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 06:10 AM  
horsemom2

everything and anything

I do everything on the YogFlex since it has a larger mat than most rebounders but just about everything worked on my smaller mats with alittle tweaking. I have always preferred using a non rebounding specific workout on a rebounder rather than a rebounder specific workout which usually lacked creativity. Also my hips even on the ReboundAIR do not like the constant pounding into the mat of an UR type workout.

A good workout for showing how to modify hi-lo moves to higher impact on the rebounder is the old Fatburning for Dummies. My current personal favorite is Jane Fonda's Favorite Fatburners.

You may also want to try freestyling with either good music or a cardio coach, etc.

Barb S
who bounces when Billy says not to
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 09:01 AM  
spotted zebra

Too many of the workouts I've tried doing on the rebounder don't feel intense enough, and don't get my heart rate up nearly enough, unless those workouts include lots of jogging/ fast running especially (well, as fast as one can go on the rebounder), and usually adding upper body weights as well. Even when the same workouts work for me on the floor, the slower motion on the rebounder makes them too easy. While I can appreciate choreography that's different or creative, it takes a lot to keep my heart rate up due to a medical condition. So I want to get the most out of my time and not waste it using workouts that feel more like warm ups than workouts.

Running on sand (much like running on a soft rebounder) is tougher than running on solid ground, which is why some athletes train that way and it works for me and gets my heart rate soaring like nothing else. My favorite rebounding workout is actually rebounding specific (Bouncin' in the House) because it fits the bill with lots of running, and works well in a busy schedule since it's only 20 minutes long, but I can still lengthen it by repeating the last part which is especially runner-intensive. I also like Gilad's Step and Tone because the upper body moves with weights are basic enough to add onto jogging. Mostly I have to modify workouts that I'm already modifying to add in more running. Which is why I keep returning to my favorites like BITH. One of these days I might try Leslie's One Mile Jog on the rebounder. My neighbour keeps offering to lend it to me. Oh and I also want to try Cardio Coach if there's one for treadmill running.

It's always interesting to read what works for different people. I know when my sister comes over and hops on the rebounder most of my regular workouts work for her with very little modification, so I'm a little envious.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 09:06 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

I do Cardio Coach on the rebounder - LOVE 'em all this way.

The gentleman in my avatar is Randy Couture (current heavyweight champion in the UFC - MMA fighting). He uses running on trampolines as part of his very rigorous training regimen

I also like Cathe's Hi/Lo from Step Jump and Pump on the Rebounder, and Leslie's Walk and Jog worked well the other day too.

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 09:16 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by boakley
The gentleman in my avatar is Randy Couture (current heavyweight champion in the UFC - MMA fighting). He uses running on trampolines as part of his very rigorous training regimen
Beth
I'm not surprised. I'll bet a number of athletes are doing that now as part of their training. It sure is more convenient than driving out to a beach to find sand to run on.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 11:37 AM  
Bebop

Cardio Coach (awesome)

Leslie Sansone - adds variety and intensity - some days I do it on the floor others on the rebounder

Cathe MIC - couldn't do this one without the rebounder

I also will have it out when I'm doing a Cathe workout and use it for high impact - for Bootcamp - I use it for the jumping jacks and jumps. In High step challenge - I use it for all the high impact.'

The possibilities are endless. I use the rebounder in Cardio Stack Core Attack for the all the jumping. I always have the rebounder close by.

(P.s.) my new puppy thinks the rubber on the bottom of the rebounder legs is a great chew toy - this is one toy I will not share. On the other hand - he loves the 2lb OOF ball, which I will share.)
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 11:48 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I found an old FAQ thread about non-rebounder workouts that can be done on the rebounder: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=3313

ETA: There's a list summarizing the posts on page 6 of the thread.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebounder friendly