Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-06, 01:57 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby
I never really feel anything in my hamstrings or anywhere else. I used a barbell w/weights totalling 40 lbs. last night. That can't be too light! I'm not a real heavy lifter! Am I doing something wrong? I have very flexible hamstrings, could that be why I don't feel anything.
As you bend at the hips, push your booty back. And when you come up, think of pushing through the heels and hinging at the booty.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-06, 03:12 PM  
Mary09

Are you bending from the hips, not the waist? (Oops, didn't see the post above before writing this.)

I love deadlifts, partly BECAUSE I don't feel much even with a heavy barbell, but later I really feel it in my hamstrings. I know sometimes they say deadlifts should work your glutes, too, but I can't seem to get that to happen.

Maybe your hamstrings just don't get sore? Mine are still sore from that one deadlift-like (sorta) move in Gurmukh's two days ago. Do those get you sore?
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-06, 03:37 PM  
ssgilby

Maybe you're right, Mary, in that I just don't get too sore there. I am a little sore in the hamstrings today, but I assume that is from the floorwork on all fours or the bonus glute squeezes. No, Gurmukh doesn't make me sore. That darling woman does nothing but make me feel good, although the squats on the tippy toes fry my legs!

Tags
sash series