Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-06, 03:53 PM  
Erica

Cathe Freezing Issue and Advanced Workouts DVD

I just wanted to let anyone who ordered Cathe's new DVDs from Advanced Workouts know that you should contact Jen if you're having freezing problems. All four of mine freeze/skip and I contacted her... she's on top of things!

She plans to handle the replacement issue in the same way cathe.com is -- so she'll send out the replacement discs as soon as she has them. Just contact her if you're having problems with the DVDs and she'll take care of you.
Erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 07:02 PM  
DonnaMarie

Mine Froze

The response I got was to try the DVD's in a different player - which I had already done. They also wanted me to take my DVD to Circuit City and try it in one of their players. Sorry, I have a life and I didn't have time to do all of this when none of my other fitness DVD's skipped or froze on my brand new Sony player. I just wrapped the thing up and sent it back to Step n Motion with an explanation. I don't have time to deal with defective DVD's. I'm annoyed - can you tell?
Old 11-08-06, 08:15 PM  
rrllmmss

Thanks Erica! I was just about to email Jen to ask what was going to happen.
rrllmmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 08:26 PM  
fitness4me

I was going to email her and ask the same question, but I saw on her website she had a blurb about contacting her for replacements if there were problems with the new DVDs. Not sure how long she had this before SNM made the announcement about replacing all the DVDs. In any event, I'm sure she'll be there to accomodate her customers with as little inconvience to them as possible.

Life is short, buy the shoes. Yeah, workout shoes count too!

P90x Grad 4/21/07....better late than never!!!!!
fitness4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 08:33 PM  
StephanieF

Donna, will SNM replace them for you?
StephanieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 10:19 PM  
DonnaMarie

Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieF
Donna, will SNM replace them for you?
I guess I'm pretty frustrated at this point. I hope they will honor their integrity and replace the defective DVD or remove the cost from my Visa. I just received two more of the new Cathe DVD's and I haven't reviewed them yet. If they freeze, they are going right back. Don't have time for this... Jari is working out just fine for me right now.
Old 11-08-06, 10:28 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMarie
I guess I'm pretty frustrated at this point. I hope they will honor their integrity and replace the defective DVD or remove the cost from my Visa. I just received two more of the new Cathe DVD's and I haven't reviewed them yet. If they freeze, they are going right back. Don't have time for this... Jari is working out just fine for me right now.
SNM has already released a statement that there is a problem with the DVDs. As soon as the problem is corrected, new DVDs will be sent to everyone. They are in the process of fixing the problem. If you received another set, they are probably from the same bad batch. Here is a link to their announcement-

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...id=68626&page=

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 10:34 PM  
KathAL79

I had already been in contact with Jen, and I'm happy that she's on top of this. I need to email her regarding shipping back the old DVD and the shipping schedule (since I'm expecting another DVD or two from her some time in the future). I sure hope she isn't losing $ on this; it's not her fault the DVDs were defective.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-06, 07:44 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeakie
This thread is information for those that purchased the workouts from advancedworkouts.com

Did you purchase directly from Cathe or from Advanced Workouts? If you purchased from Cathe then your post is making it sound like Advanced Workouts told you to try it in another player at Circuit City.

Who told you to do that?

The response I got was to try the DVD's in a different player - which I had already done. They also wanted me to take my DVD to Circuit City and try it in one of their players. Sorry, I have a life and I didn't have time to do all of this when none of my other fitness DVD's skipped or froze on my brand new Sony player. I just wrapped the thing up and sent it back to Step n Motion with an explanation. I don't have time to deal with defective DVD's. I'm annoyed - can you tell?

Yes I would like to know if this was Advanced Workouts or SNM.

I still haven't received any response from Jen. Other than an email she sent (I think to everyone) saying how all of her Cathe DVD's worked just fine and she hasn't received any emails about freezing/glitches problems.

I do hope this will be resolved for everyone.
Old 11-09-06, 08:35 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari

I still haven't received any response from Jen. Other than an email she sent (I think to everyone) saying how all of her Cathe DVD's worked just fine and she hasn't received any emails about freezing/glitches problems.

I do hope this will be resolved for everyone.
Jen will replace all the DVDs as soon as she receives replacements from Cathe. No problem.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sash series