Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-05, 11:34 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Martha is a convicted criminal. Many criminals get in to fitness in jail. Especially weights. I bet she got some tatoos, too.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-05, 11:55 AM  
Lianne
VF Supporter

Body and Soul has been around for years - but MSLO bought it over a year ago and gave it a new look.
Old 12-22-05, 12:01 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Many criminals get in to fitness in jail. Especially weights. I bet she got some tatoos, too.
I remember when Martha was convicted and there was all the speculation in the papers about which minimum-security prison she'd go to. Her first choice was one in Danbury, Connecticut (close to her CT and NY homes) which has a PILATES STUDIO for inmates' use! THERE'S a nice way to get fit in jail.

Allison
Old 12-22-05, 12:30 PM  
videofit

They flashed Her Sports on the screen and graphically it is boring and even ugly visually, at least to my eyes. I'm sure the content is good because Dawna is an athlete, but she isn't a creative person. Martha's people have got the creative aspect down pat, so I'm sure that's not why they've hired her. They probably need to rev up the content. All in all, potentially it's a good mix. I, too, will pick up a copy, but I want to wait for the first issue that Dawna is involved with, which will probably come out three months from now, judging by normal lag time in publishing.
videofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-05, 01:31 PM  
Lianne
VF Supporter

My guess is she will hardly have anything to do with the magazine at all. Like Trump's apprentices, she will collect her paycheque as she does mainly menial tasks and lots of public appearances.

frex: http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/15/news...mp_apprentice/
Old 12-22-05, 04:25 PM  
videofit

I don't think so. First of all, it's Martha and not Donald. Secondly, Trump's apprentices had no real estate or construction experience. So they are being very well compensated for doing PR and shadowing execs. Dawna actually publishes a fitness magazine and was hired to work on another magazine. Seems like a waste of money if she does nothing. Martha seems like someone who gets her money's worth. Time will tell.
videofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-05, 06:16 PM  
donellda

I think I have read an issue of Body and Soul. It was okay but I don't think I would go out of my way to subscribe to it.
donellda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
martha stewart